Shanny flash

Name
derek
Edit My Images
Yes
I bought one of their speedlites about 4 years ago and would do so again, as the one I have is a bit loose now on the hotshoe I want to replace it with another Shanny model ,but cant seem to find much about them now , or even if they are still in production,does anyone know anything about them?

I think they were a straight up Chinese rebadged product, you might find the same thing branded Neewer or any number of other names. Maybe even the Amazon Basics flash.

What features did it have?

Last edited:
This was the model Shanny SN600C HSS 1/8000S E-TTL/M/RPT On-Camera Flash Speedlite for Canon Camera, on eBay for around £70 ,but they may (Shanny that is) have stopped trading so I guess I will look elsewhere.

This was the model Shanny SN600C HSS 1/8000S E-TTL/M/RPT On-Camera Flash Speedlite for Canon Camera, on eBay for around £70 ,but they may (Shanny that is) have stopped trading so I guess I will look elsewhere.
Might be worth looking for a godox equivalent. I have the shanny 600 Nikon version and if /when I change in will Gondor godox.

Yeah, it seems that way, anyway thanks for the replies.

It’ll cost you a bit more for Godox, but that’s the way I’d go.

You’ll get an Amazon Basics or Neewer model for similar to what you paid for the Shanna.

What happened is that Yongnuo couldn't cope with demand for their products, so started contracting out to other, smaller Companies. Their business model of pile 'em high and sell 'em cheap worked so well that they saturated the market and ran out of customers.
They then had no orders for their contracted suppliers, who then started selling their products direct to the public, competing with both Yongnuo and each other on price, and of course that's just a race to the bottom, and nobody can win.
Most of these firms have now either gone out of business or gone back to making electric kettles or whatever it was that they did before.

I agree with the suggestions above - pay a bit more for a Godox basic flashgun.

Back