Concepts Share your inspirational portfolios

To indicate that this thread is a discussion of theoretical concepts
Name
Nige
Edit My Images
No
I thought I'd start a thread that might work in a similar fashion to the inspirational videos topic - this one for portfolios of work that inspire you.

There is a lot of photography out there to be found online. So much that it's very easy to miss stuff that you might find inspirational. While many people - myyself included - tend to publish their work on social media platforms such as Instagram, Flickr, Facebook, 500px and the like, sometimes it's where a dedicated portfolio exists on the photographers personal website that their photography really takes precedence and can be enjoyed better as a whole. This topic is to share portfolios of work you find insprational, interesting, entertaining or anything else. It doesn't need to be the work of professional photographers, although that is equally welcome.

I'll start the thread with the portfolio of Liz Potter, a Texas based photographer with a host of beautiful work on her website. I only came across her by chance when a blog I've started to follow (All Through a Lens - which I also stumbled across by chance) but I was impressed by a series of panoramic self-portraits she has made using a Noblex 150 medium format film camera. Perhaps to some extent I'm attracted by the exotic nature of the landscapes - the desert of western Texas - a very different location to that which I'm used to, although at the same time familiar from western movies and other pop culture imports. Whatever the case, there are some wonderful images to be had from the portfolio on her site. It made me want to pick up a camera and make photographs.

Last edited:
The blog link is duff. :thinking:

Okay - most of you know I'm a bit of a sucker for Still Life stuff...

here's what I want to be able to turn out, when I grow up... https://www.flickr.com/photos/kevsyd/

honestly, it's half inspirational and half makes me want to just give up and take up macrame or something equally useless....

Okay - most of you know I'm a bit of a sucker for Still Life stuff...

here's what I want to be able to turn out, when I grow up... https://www.flickr.com/photos/kevsyd/

honestly, it's half inspirational and half makes me want to just give up and take up macrame or something equally useless....

Wow his stuff is amazing, great find. It's a shame he doesn't seem to post on flickr anymore.

Back