Sheffield At Night

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I've been out at night again in Sheffield. Feedback appreciated.

Victoria Quays Black/White

BlackWhiteQuays_zps0a62d006.jpg

Pink Sky

PinkQuays_zpsf5fc9cf0.jpg

Victoria Quays Reflections

VicQuaysStrongContrast_zpscfcb0fbf.jpg

St.Georges Church

PortobelloChurch_zpsc7a5ef32.jpg

I'm sorry, but the colours are way over-saturated, and all of the images slant to the left.
Correct the slants, ease up on the colours (lose the pink completely), and you will have a much better set....just my opinion.

They look a little bit on the soft side too, what were you camera settings for these, and where were you focusing?

I think the last needs needs a bit of a crop too to get rid of the knocked over bollard at the bottom of the frame

The colours could be toned down abit.

The slant on the last one was because of me being on a gradient. It's actually uphill, so that's natural. I'm not seeing the slant on the others though as these were on level ground with a tripod in use.

Most of these photos are taken around F7-F11 with a long exposure. In the Pink and Blue ones, I was trying to capture the lights in front of the buildings more than anything. But I had to over saturate to bring out the colour.

I think on the top 3 you've straightened them (either in camera or in PP) using the outter edges of the frame as a guide, as #1 is straight by the to let sign, and #2-3 are straight by the building on the left, but the building in the middle isn't, probably because you've straightened by something which would be distorted as it's at the edge of the frame.

There's probably a more technical way of explaining that, hopefully you get what I mean.

Back