Sheffield Balloon Festival

P-E

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
First time I've been to one of these and have to say it was a little disappointing.

Sudden gusts of winds gave the balloons a few problems and in the time I was there I only saw four all of which stayed grounded.

The Guinness one didn't stop up long at all as it developed a bit of a tear.

BALLOON-1.jpg

BALLOON-2.jpg

BALLOON-3.jpg

BALLOON-4.jpg

I see a bit of an alcohol theme going on :LOL: I know the weather has to be absolutely spot on for those things to go up in the air, and you certainly wouldn't get me in one!

me neither, but I'd love to see one of these shows, haven't heard of anything like them up here.

Great colours in these :)

I had planned to go on the Saturday night (two day event) as there was a glow night and fireworks.........but I didn't make it.

P-E said:
First time I've been to one of these and have to say it was a little disappointing.

I felt the same when I went to one. Not much happened all day apart from the odd inflation race.

The evening was calm however and the mass take off in the semi dark was worth seeing.

Diego Garcia said:
Nice work mate, Out of interest, what lens did you shoot these with?

Hi Diego.

Went with the 24-70 2.8.

P-E said:
Hi Diego.

Went with the 24-70 2.8.

Nice one, thats cool as taking that to Bristol in a fortnight and was tempted to buy a wide angle but that wll suffice, Heres to sunshine eh?

Great colours and skies, did you have a filter on the camera at all?

Shame they never got airbourne. Great pictures, never the less. (y)

I'd love to go to one of these too. This was actually close enough for me to have gone to, if I had know about it!!

Torpedo said:
I'd love to go to one of these too. This was actually close enough for me to have gone to, if I had know about it!!

I believe they have them every year at various venues through the year.

At 7:30 Saturday morning there were at least eight balloons in the air heading towards the venue but no sign of them today:shrug: .

I can only assume they went for the Glow night on the Saturday.

P-E said:
The Guinness one didn't stop up long at all

Nothing stops up long with too much Guinness!! ;)

Back