Sheffield Scimitars V Romford Raiders

P-E

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
A selection from last nights Premiership game between Sheffield Scimitars V Romford Raiders.....

LJ5K5803.jpg

LJ5K5957.jpg

A little handbag action that saw the Romford netminder needing some treatment and Romford reduced to only 3 outfield players for a short time....

LJ5K6006.jpg

LJ5K5850.jpg

Sheffield come back from 3-1 down to tie the game 3-3

LJ5K6113.jpg

Penalty shoot out.....

LJ5K6268.jpg

LJ5K6088.jpg

Sheffield's netminder saves two to win the match

LJ5K6293-1.jpg

And gets all the congratulations........

LJ5K6299-1.jpg

TFL Ian.

Some great shots there. I like them all.

My favourite is #2 with the Romford #6 attacking and the off field Sheffield players looking on...

great shots, number 2 is a corker.

thats not at the romford arena is it?? doesnt look like it.

really must get along to a game soon.

Great shots P-E!!

Going to watch manchester next weekend, have you got any tips on camera settings?
Any help would be great!!
Cheers

Going to watch manchester next weekend, have you got any tips on camera settings?
Any help would be great!!
Cheers

Hi menacedingaling,

I shoot at f2.8 using iso 3200 (cleaned up with noiseware)........I have to use 3200 to get a decent shutter speed which can be anything from 1/400s 1/1000s.

I have a media pass which allows me to shoot from several areas around the rink but I always choose to shoot just to the right of the net (usually at the side of the cheer leaders ;)).

The plexi glass can be a problem as it is always scuffed so try to find a clean piece to shoot through if that is where you are shooting from (not sure if it's plexi at Manchester).

The action is pretty fast but there are plenty of opportunities to get 'card shots' where the players are posed waiting for the action to start.

Have fun and I look forward to seeing your shots (y)

Cheers Ian.

Hi menacedingaling,

I shoot at f2.8 using iso 3200 (cleaned up with noiseware)........I have to use 3200 to get a decent shutter speed which can be anything from 1/400s 1/1000s.

I have a media pass which allows me to shoot from several areas around the rink but I always choose to shoot just to the right of the net (usually at the side of the cheer leaders ;)).

do i need a pass to take shots of the hockey, and how do you get passes? :help:

I did a few at a junior game in Canada last year and they came out fine despite the poor state of the glass and poor light. It was bloody cold though cos I wore shorts!

do i need a pass to take shots of the hockey, and how do you get passes? :help:

Sorry for the late reply you've probably been now but if in doubt it's always best to email the club.

Just a few more from last nights game against Chelmsford.

LJ5K6802.jpg

LJ5K6721.jpg

LJ5K6793.jpg

LJ5K6906-1.jpg

LJ5K6886.jpg

No worries P-E, was restricted to the stands unfortunatley, Sky were there and hogging all the spots!:razz:
Anyway here is a few i have managed to do, still got loads to do. C&C welcome but please be kind this was my first time and its not the slowest sport in the world. I apprecicate your shots alot more now P-E!!(y)

2241943466_a8e7913b4f.jpg

2241943036_4b5f0d9b55.jpg

2241942626_6ce1ed7ab1.jpg

2241149255_ca2f1350be.jpg

2241941980_33b9956130.jpg

2241941710_b94e541d72.jpg

2241941490_c4e4b20c9d.jpg

Nicely exposed shots mate.....looks like you got some eye contact in that last one (y)

Cracking shots of my team The Belfast Giants, esp Stevie Lyle in the last one. Just a pity they where awful that night.

I tried to get a press pass for The Giants but the GM said NO without having press credenitials but you can't get those without a portfolio so it's the chicken/egg situation and one I can't win.

I shoot from my seat which is high up at centre ice and now and again take a trip down to the plexi.

Back