Critique Shelter

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Playing around with Photoshop tonight, I decided to add the rain in this shot as i felt it told a better story (and made it very topical):

Shelter
by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Other than that there is a fair bit of colour toning going on along with bringing up the exposure on the spider itself, finished off with some heavy vignetting. A slightly unusual crop and composition too. What do you think?

Really like it Tim the composition works well as he's looking to the right any way:)
the toning and vignetting add mood too
I think the rain works as well as he looks like he's sheltering from the rain:)

i am a fan of the rain as well, really adds to the atmosphere and complaints the tone of the image a whole

Thanks everyone! Sounds as though you agree with what I decided and that the rain adds rather than detracts. i take it it looks passable as "real" rain also, which is good! i saw some tutorials on how to add rain, but when i followed those they don't tend to work on macro images in quite the same way. I think you need to stick to fairly large droplets and I suspect I really should try and add more of a drop like shape also.

Might have to do a search and see if I can find any macro images with real rain included and see if I can recreate that. Anyway, thanks for your input, it really does help!

Back