She's got the X-Factor

dlh

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
I finally took my camera out in public (feeling a right **** as always) intending to grab some photos of the Maldon mud race. but by the time the race got started I couldn't get through the crowds.

The reason for not being in place? Watching and listening to my X-Factor favourite, Amy Connelly, who was providing some musical entertainment.

Comments appreciated.

Amy Connelly.jpg

Bumped the clarity and vibrance a little in this one just for Gary. Exported with sharpening set to high (is there a better way to sharpen within LR2?).

Amy Connelly Edit.jpg

Last edited:
Its an odd pose I feel, almost like she is falling backwards? And I think (btw on a poo monitor), I think it needs buckets more vibrancy or contrast, or both...add a sharpen too.

Good singer for sure.

Gary.

I liked the shape of the pose. Not falling just pulling back for those big notes. Not sure the second edit actually shows much difference here. Beginning to wonder if I put the wrong one up :) (checked and I haven't).

Added 50 clarity and 25 vibrancy. Increasing the saturation affects the background and skin tones too much.

Please if anyone has any ideas feel free to tinker but bear in mind I'm trying to use the basics provided by lightroom and not rush off into PS to alter it too much. Thanks.

The first appears subtley better. I have had a rethink and I don't think the pose is as bad as I first made out. This monitor is a LOT better too, they seem much moe vibrant.

Gary.

Thanks Gary. Think it's a little soft around the face as she managed to lean back out of focus a bit. Happy with the collection though.

Back