Shiny Two....with burner

Stunning as ever dude!
I am starting to think these guys must follow you around so they can show off in front of your camera?!

Nice shots Rory, I was on cad west yesterday and pulled my first blank, so well done for getting something through, Im going to head up next week to see if theres a bit more activity.

Bloody superb Rory! That first one is the one!!! I've caught shiny before, but not like that! :clap: (y)

Kev.

Lovely a good start to the year. bet it was cold up there?

I wouldn't mind having my name to #1 mate, thats a beauty :clap:

Mark

Top drawer Rory, #1 is stunning :clap:.

Blankety blank for me at The Mast today :crying:

Fantastic Captures i really Like No.1 Very Sharp And Crisp And Great Colours Very Well Done

Kirk

Last edited:
Very nice Rory, as said before, the first is a cracker.
When did she get her tail repainted?
Dean

Jim,

I wondered what she looked like from over there:clap:

Looks like you were fighting for shelter at times....the wind was quite strong at times !!

Rory

When the other two moved down to where we were initially I struggled to pan the Hawk against the wind so moved back down too. :LOL: Was gutting to see Shiny Two again driving back down Cad East, did you see us jump out the car and run across the field expecting to see her appear out the Bwlch?! :LOL:

We're in the loop for the rest of the week, would be good to meet up if you're about?!

Cheers, Jamie.

P.S. Cracking capture Rory, love the way the vapour is backlit by the sun! (y)

Last edited:
Stunning shots Rory, the first gets me. By the look all four shots her left engine is a bit poorly..

Edit - Also nice to see she has a black rudder again..

Bah, I'm so jealous I've still not had time to go up to the loop :( Beautiful images though!

Thanks. I see now. I thought perhaps this Shiny Two was a unique individual plane.

Thanks. I see now. I thought perhaps this Shiny Two was a unique individual plane.
it is - it's the only one with that tail scheme.

By the look all four shots her left engine is a bit poorly..
you probably know that it's common practice to only put 1 engine into burner if they need a little extra urge but don't need both ( often seen on practice approaches where they then overshoot) - could be here?

Last edited:
it is - it's the only one with that tail scheme.

you probably know that it's common practice to only put 1 engine into burner if they need a little extra urge but don't need both ( often seen on practice approaches where they then overshoot) - could be here?

What ever it was it stank.:puke:

I love the smell of unburnt avaiation fuel in the morning::D

Shiny 2 and ZA401 came into Valley about 12:30, had a cuppa and refuelled and left at 14:40. We were told that their airfield had fog, but it sounds like they went through the loop came to Valley then back through the loop and home. Wish I was there and not at work !!

4294083210_14fa433cc0_o.jpg

Shortly after they left 2 of these came in and left at 16:40 :clap: :clap: :clap: I guess they weren't playing in the hills then.

4293341103_f096e0898d_o.jpg

When the other two moved down to where we were initially I struggled to pan the Hawk against the wind so moved back down too. :LOL: Was gutting to see Shiny Two again driving back down Cad East, did you see us jump out the car and run across the field expecting to see her appear out the Bwlch?! :LOL:

We're in the loop for the rest of the week, would be good to meet up if you're about?!

Cheers, Jamie.

P.S. Cracking capture Rory, love the way the vapour is backlit by the sun! (y)
cracking capture! (y) i love number 1, its making me look forward to tomorrow!

jim if you are still about tomorrow i am heading up to cad west with another member from lowfly

alastair

Guys - the #1 pic I thought was the dogs kahunas - very special.

The underside shot from Jim B - Jaw Dropping :eek:

Top stuff

Back