Shipyard Crane

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
A shot i took last weekend of the famous Harland and Wolff shipyard cranes in Belfast.

I'm new to photoshop so this one was a bit of an experiment that i spent well over an hour on but i really like the way it turned out as the shot was kind of mediocre to begin with. i was going for a sort of "older" photo look but think by some happy accident iv ended up with something completely different lol.

Critique welcome and thanks in advance

Harland & Wolff Crane by Andrew Storm, on Flickr

Andrew,

I like what youve done here, but I would have liked to see this image edited differently :) they clouds look like they could be awesome with some Lightroom or PSraw editing!

Well if your happy with it the that's what matters. Overprocessed by a long way for my liking. It no longer looks like a photo but more like a drawing. Sorry, not for me :-(

The composition is quite nice though :)

Andrew,

I like what youve done here, but I would have liked to see this image edited differently :) they clouds look like they could be awesome with some Lightroom or PSraw editing!

thanks! il add the original photo below to see if you think i did the right thing or not :)

DSCF0498_tn.jpg

Well if your happy with it the that's what matters. Overprocessed by a long way for my liking. It no longer looks like a photo but more like a drawing. Sorry, not for me :-(

The composition is quite nice though :)

Thanks! I understand what you mean about it not looking like a photo anymore but I think thats maybe what i like about it. As you should see from the original above, it was quite an unspectacular photo to begin with and it was really a bit of a learning experience/experiment as i've only been using photoshop a few weeks so imho, any change was good change and biased or not, i'd happily hang it on my wall now lol.

I have to say I quite like it, though I have no idea why. It's certainly 'different'. I think it would be easier on the eye if the effect wasn't quite so extreme though. :)

Back