Beginner Shooting night portraits w/ Canon EOS Rebel T6

Name
Jacob Fagundes
Edit My Images
Yes
hello, I'm fairly new here! I was wondering what would you guys recommend for night or low light portraits when it comes to settings. I did photos for a client of mine a few weeks ago at night and i wasn't proud of the photos at all... My Focus wasn't working right and i was struggling with me aperture. Any Tips?

Hi and welcome to TP :)

Your question is too lacking any in meaningful detail and as such far too vague so it might be a good start to tell us the following:-
Which lenses you have and which of those lenses you have been trying with?
The circumstances of the low light & night portraits?
What flashgun(s) do you have and any flash modifiers? And were you using an OCF setup?

PS maybe even tell us a bit more about your photographic experience???

PPS I forgot to mention......where someone is unhappy with the results of their efforts to "get that image...." when camera settings are a (significant?) influencing factor. It is always a good idea to post some of your pictures with their EXIF data, to aid any TPers in their offering of helpful feedback & critique.

Last edited:
hello, I'm fairly new here! I was wondering what would you guys recommend for night or low light portraits when it comes to settings. I did photos for a client of mine a few weeks ago at night and i wasn't proud of the photos at all... My Focus wasn't working right and i was struggling with me aperture. Any Tips?

Its like asking how long is a piece of sting Jacob- as per my friend above's post @Box Brownie - an image containing all the EXIF and the kit you used would be extremely helpful in helping you to find a solution!

You said "client" are you being paid to produce night portraits,? if so, surely you will know a lot more about basic principles, than the majority of people on an internet photography site I'm confused as to why then, you posted in the Beginner section? :exit:

welcome to the forum by the way

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back