Beginner Shooting on tripod

Edit My Images
Yes
I don’t as a rule use a tripod but wanted to give it a try.

I focused with single centre point and then used IR remote with 2 sec delay.when pressing the remote and it engaging with the camera the small focus point moves ever so slightly downwards.

when I actually held it on the tripod and used shutter button it didn’t move at all.

what’s going on here.

one other question I know with BBF it’s mostly used for AFC and you hold the button in and keep shooting a moving target

but for the record if shooting with AFS and you focus do you need to continue holding button down till shutter button pressed or is it ok to focus and release before shutter comes down?

just tried the 35mm 1.8 g and it doesn't do it.it was with the 70-300 it happens with.if I hold the camera on the tripod it doesn't move its only when no support other than the tripod maybe the mirror and lens combo

The 70-300 has vr doesn't it? Was that switched on or off?
funny you should ask that. an hour or so after posting this I thought if that might be the reason, its on and I've not tried it yet without. in the booklet it says its ok to have on with tripod but I will try it without tomorrow. thanks for posting

Back