Short eared owl

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
photogrpahed on beeley moor in derbyshire.

072.jpg

069.jpg

comments and critique welcome

Hi,

Well done spotting this wee bird, however - looks like it was a difficult photo to capture with sufficiant quality. In short, you would need a longer lens, better light and I presume looking at these, a faster shutter speed and stable tripod (although a tripod may hinder you getting the shot).

WHat kit did you use? Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Gary.

hi thanks for the welcome,they were photographed with a 350d and a sigma 70-300 apo.

1/640 @ f9 iso 400 for the bird on the wall
1/800 @f10 iso 400 for the bird in flight.

These were grab shots really, we saw the owl flying the opposite side of us so we went round to the other part where it was, i saw the bird perched so we stopped, i stuck my camera out of the windowat an awkward angle i might add! and fired away.

Hi,

Well done spotting this wee bird, however - looks like it was a difficult photo to capture with sufficiant quality. In short, you would need a longer lens, better light and I presume looking at these, a faster shutter speed and stable tripod (although a tripod may hinder you getting the shot).

WHat kit did you use? Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Gary.

Or maybe he just needs to get closer ;)

Back