Short lived LF photography.

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Having owned my LF camera for barely a month I'm going to sell it on.
It's not that I don't enjoy using it but finding colour film in the UK is getting very difficult.
I surely don't want to left with a moderately priced ornament.

Yes, there are still places with odds and sods kicking about about but regular supply and the number of film types left is slim pickings.
Even medium format is tough to source.

That's a shame. You don't fancy shooting B&W with it?

I'd love to shoot some colour with mine (I even have a full box of Ektar) but until I get the stuff I need to develop colour film at home I can't afford to! So B&W it is for me.
I've never shot B&W, it just doesn't float my boat.
There is not much different between processing B&W and colour C41.

Even medium format is tough to source.
I'm surprised you say that, I see plenty of 120 film around, in fact Analogue Wonderland have several colour 120 films at reduced prices (although to be fair, it's still expensive).

I'm surprised you say that, I see plenty of 120 film around, in fact Analogue Wonderland have several colour 120 films at reduced prices (although to be fair, it's still expensive).
That is true. There is much more 120 stock around than LF.
Over the years I have seen colour film types decline to the point that the only realistic choices are Kodak or Cinestill.
Fuji is non existent these days which was my film of choice.

Sadly I see LF colour film being a thing of the past what with dwindling stocks and very high prices.
It's not the price that's a problem for me, it's getting what I want when I want it.

That's a shame. You don't fancy shooting B&W with it?

I'd love to shoot some colour with mine (I even have a full box of Ektar) but until I get the stuff I need to develop colour film at home I can't afford to! So B&W it is for me.
Your comments made me think, so, because of you, I'm sticking with LF and will try B&W.

One option is a 120 back for your LF camera.

BTW you might want to edit the thread title ;)

Reactions: zx9
Back