Shots from the 5th Leeds Meet

and also, I said my trip back was eventful.
I had a roll of 3200 on me so decided to load it - good decision!
I missed my train so had to stop at the 24 hour McDonald's until the next one at 2am. I met this homeless gentleman named Derek from Doncaster. I'm pretty sure he was drunk out of his mind but he held it quite well.

Leeds by retrogamer1990, on Flickr

He has two swallows on his hands, which I am told are jail tattoos:

He claims to be an ex miner that had fallen on hard times and turned to drink, which became his addiction and led to his homelessness. He had some sort of severe eczema on his hands:

There was a fight in the McDonald's too:

I eventually bought him a burger and chatted to him until it was time for me to go. On the way back, with a few minutes to spare, I met this guy too, who I chatted to but regretted because (and I don't mean to be rude) of his awful smell :

and finally, a sleeping lady on the train:

:)

Well - I opened this thread expecting something like shots in Queens Arcade or something of that ilk, only to find a bunch of shots of "the road to hell" Dread to think how many hours of my life I wasted sat in traffic on those roads.

Some very strong images of the Homeless guys, particularly the Swallow Tatts.

Looks like you had pretty much everything on the train journey apart from the 4 squaddies on way back from leave drinking McEwans Export and playing brag. ;)

The swallow tattoos are amazing, I'd love to know more about them. Also, who fights in MacDonalds (apart from the cool people)

Loving the high iso film shots, the medium suits the subjects and the shots are well done. The road shots are leaving me a little bit cold though, any chance of the colour versions? After all if you splash out on velvia then it might be nice to see them in colour!

I like these shots.. the last man with the hoody looks like Snoop.lol

shame my uncle isnt in there as well. He's homeless in Leeds having taken a shot gun to his wife and threatening her ,she kicked him out. He had a big drink problem and loved newcastle brown. His back garden was knee deep in bottles.

As far as I know he is still in Leeds and I see him regulary tapping phone boxes for cash..and eating from bins outside Mcdonalds. poor guy.

I like these shots.. the last man with the hoody looks like Snoop.lol

shame my uncle isnt in there as well. He's homeless in Leeds having taken a shot gun to his wife and threatening her ,she kicked him out. He had a big drink problem and loved newcastle brown. His back garden was knee deep in bottles.

As far as I know he is still in Leeds and I see him regulary tapping phone boxes for cash..and eating from bins outside Mcdonalds. poor guy.

You know what, I might know him, what is his name?

Like the 2nd and 4th road shots, the moody sky creates a fitting atmosphere but if shot on velvia I'd like to see how that sky works in colour.

Nice shots, like the second batch especially with the bit of background behind them. Thanks for sharing!

Cool shots, the wide angle and high contrast has worked really well on the first ones.

(y)

Back