Shot's , Shooting , Shooter , Shot ??????

Girls find it even harder to make bow and arrow noises than gun noises.

Shoop, shoop.

Pew, pew

Actually, pew, pew is the sound made by laser blasters according to Bernadette in The Big Bang Theory.
I've seen a demonstration of a laser punching a hole through armour plate. What you really hear is a sharp "crack" as the gas expands from the puncture supersonically.

I'm sure you all really wanted to know that... :naughty:

I was geeky enough to check the OED earlier:

1890 Internat. Ann. Anthonys Photogr. Bull. 3: Beside him is another sort of shutter operator with an ordinary camera and fairly good shutter... Does he shoot when his companion did?
1892 Photogr. Ann. II. 51: We at first tried the other method, namely, looking at the object and shooting at the critical moment.
1896 Punch 30 May 264/2: I even bless the Kodak now With which, dear Nell, you ‘shot’ me.

Versions of 'shoot' (with various spellings) referring to the use of arrows or other missiles go back at least as far as 900 AD.

So now you know.

Shute street in Exeter used to be an open sewer...

I knew we’d end up (haha) at Grope Lane as soon as streets were mentioned, so predicable ;)

'Lensed by....' used in the world of cinematography, I believe. ;)

I have noticed over the last years that we no longer take a photograph , or a Image / Exposure

Your thoughts?

I do use the word photo and the word shoot together. Like when I'm making plans to do a project, and I would write something like "Scout for suitable location for the photo-shoot project." in a planner.

"I'm a street shooter" is the most worrying version of this.

PS, I'm not!

Back