Should I sell

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
No
I have a 600 f4L (non is) which I use now and again thinking of a new 300 f2.8L costly I know thing is should I keep the 600 or sell it and what price near mint.

I have a 600 f4L (non is) which I use now and again thinking of a new 300 f2.8L costly I know thing is should I keep the 600 or sell it and what price near mint.

The 600mm f4 (non IS) is still a very good lens, the problem is 1st produced in 1988, and has since been replaced by 2 IS versions, so you might not get what you want for the lens as your competing with the MKI IS version as people upgrade. Haven't found a current price but your probably looking at £2000-2700 but you'll have to do a bit more digging maybe on eBay or used mpb photograph and see what they would quote you as a price then add a bit.

Must admit I love my 300mm f2.8 IS MKI but personally would really like to add a 500mm f4 to my kit list. By all accounts the new 300mm MKII is impressive, but then again the MKI was one of canons best/sharpest lenses.

It's a difficult decision and probably would depend on how much you would get for the 600mm.

Back