Shoulder bag, or backpack?

Ant

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
Yes
So i'm in a bit of a pickle of what to get.

Crumpler prettyboy XXL, or the backpack equivalent.

I do in fact have a problem with my shoulders, which means that i get pains through my shoulder joints when having a weight on them for a while, or holding any load, but i'm still in two minds between the practicality of the shoulder bag, or the backpack.

Really, all it needs, is space for my 400d, with the kit lens, 70-200L, and a couple of small primes. Plus a space for a bottle of water, and maybe some munch.

I'm swaying towards the shoulder bag for practicality, as it needs to be easily slingable in the car, and if i need to take a tripod with me, it'll come in a separate bag.

The only problem is with the sizing of the bags too. I don;t know any local shops to me that sell crumpler camera bags, so i can't go in with my kit and try them out.

Oh, and if anyone knows anywhere that sells crumpler on the wirral (Or chester/wrexham/liverpool), then that'd be great.

Ant, I suffer from a severely knackered upper back, the easiest thing for me is one of the Viper vests. I would not recommend them for certain locations but they are fine for my wildlife stuff. I also have a Tamrac expedition 7, if I load all my stuff and carry it all day then my shoulders give me a lot of pain at the end of the day, I have to decide what i`m going to photograph and either leave some stuff at home or leave it in the car if i take it, this bag has a very good waist belt that relieves some weight from your shoulders and transferring it onto your hips.

Shoulder bags are very uncomfortable for me due to all the weight being on one shoulder.

Back