Shoulder stocks for long lenses

Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone got, or tried, the Kaiser shoulder stock for use with the 5D and 70-200 f/2.8L or 100-400L? Or with the 400 f/2.8L, 500 and 600 f/4L for that matter? I see that there is a UK outlet based in Cambridge and I'm very tempted to try one out. There is a review here for anyone else that is interested http://www.michaelfurtman.com/bushhawk_review.htm

Looks like an interesting piece of kit, though I guess you might get some strange looks using it !

Alan

Yes, I use a Bushhawk with my 300/4, and 400/5.6. Had it for 3 or 4 years now. Takes a little getting used to but is fine once you've mastered it.

If you're going into a reserve though, it's worth mentioning it first as it can make you look a little suspicious.

www.bushhawk.com if you want the manufacturers website

Bob

Looks like an interesting piece of kit, though I guess you might get some strange looks using it !

Alan

I suspect sitting at the end of the runway at Heathrow with this and a camocover on a 600 f/4 is a pretty sure way to have an eventful day
th_93c18967.gif

Blimey, that's a bit old school, but I like it :D

I have one of those old "photo sniper" getups here in my collection of gear and have often wondered why the rifle type stock went out of fashion (apart from obvious personal safety issues in today's world!)

Might have to get myself one of these and give it a go though - seems reasonably priced too!

I suspect sitting at the end of the runway at Heathrow with this and a camocover on a 600 f/4 is a pretty sure way to have an eventful day
th_93c18967.gif

I agree you would soon get visited by the Police!

Back