Show Us Your Best Panning Shot

• Thread starter paul cull-pearce
  • Start date
P

paul cull-pearce

Hi Folks,

Post your best panning shots of 2007 here...

Here is mine. Taken at 60th sec.

Dsc_0400copy.jpg

Taken on the first round of the British Off Road Championship 2007.

Thanks,

Paul

I dont really do much panning but this is 1/15th.
_MG_4201.jpg

panning.jpg

:LOL::LOL:

Probably this one, from the DTM at Brands this year. Lost a little detail and gained some noise in scaling/converting for web mind you. :>

Might be to do with saving as a GIF .... photos almost always look best as JPEGs.

oulton park again :LOL:

BSB02.jpg

md(y)

Might be to do with saving as a GIF .... photos almost always look best as JPEGs.

Doh! Thanks for that, I never save in GIF. Must have had a 'special' moment when I did it :)

Changed accordingly.

this is the ONLY shot i think ive panned tbh, ive only been to one track day this year.
its was 1/125th of a sec so didnt really have to pan for long! pmsl

DSC_6980800.jpg

I'm not exactly known for my slow shutter speeds, but bored at the end of BSB the other week I gave it a go:

bridewell.jpg

Thats 1/125th of Tommy Bridewell

crikey, that's good m'lady!

here's my 'umble attempt:

Woburn01.jpg

This would be mine I suppose, these geese were really moving - this is the only shot where I managed to get them in the frame.

OY8N6827-01.jpg

Hi, this has to be mine, only my second time with panning and got this one UNCROPPED!!!!!

d_Silverstone_09_09_07_342aa_A.jpg

Technically It could do with a little more room though! :p

DAVE G - Love that Mini shot! :love:

wow, we've gone off topic quite a bit..
Birds arent really transport / motorsport
and dave, its show us your best panning 'shot', not 'shots'.
I'm not even sure some of the shots on this page even count as panning.

not a great photo, but one I'm proud of.
Its an endurance racer special Moto Guzzi, it belonged to the rider's dad and was the first time out after restoration.
Taken with my daughter's 4mp A520 on maximum zoom, cropped to 100% and every processing knob I could find on every free processing package I could find was twiddled to lift it from a mushy mess.
Why so proud? . . . because it should not have come out anywhere near as good and I got the background as the colours of the Italian flag (AS INTENDED!)

102fd7ec.jpg

This is my ONLY panning shot.

Its far from a perfect image, but I like its grittyness.

P1010443.jpg

Back