Sigma 10 to 20

EdinburghGary

Reply not Report
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
I am finding it very difficult to get sharp edges in my 10 to 20 when i use 10mm FL.

10mm
F8
ISO100
Aperture Priority
Exposure Comp: -1

Soft as hell on the edge of the shot at times....

This is especcially true when using a CPL!

Any thoughts?

Samples? Mine can be a bit soft at the edges but its an acceptable level.

dsc0296jg3.jpg

is this just crappy hand holding shake? If so, why is the TOP much worse than else where? I picked a terrible one on purpose...

Take a shot using a tripod, and see if its still soft. That above shot is your movement not the lens

Erm...I dont think i was moving...whats that reflection in the left...if its car, then I was moving - what a ****.

Okay this might be a bad "from moving car" example...will find another.

That to me clearly looks like you're in a car and its motion blur from the car moving.

Hi Gary, I have just taken a shot at 10mm on my 10-20 mounted on D80. WB was set to incandescent, EV at -1, ISO at 100 and Aperture priority giving F8.

I can see no discernable softness at all on my image (its only of my desk as its dark in here, shutter was at 1.3".

I wont post it up as it is as boring as hell but I have examined it at full resolution and cant find any aberattion or softness in it at all.

What shutter speed did you end up with in that bridge shot (Ballahulish??) I kinda think its motion buddy but I am not that experienced so my opinion counts for nowt!!

Back