Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 with TC??

Edit My Images
Yes
I am on the verge of buying the Sigma 2x TC to compliment my 120-300mm 2.8. Does anyone have any experience with this setup? Is IQ acceptable? Any sample photos?
Thanks

I haven't used this set up myself, but I understand that the 2x TC can degrade the IQ quite a lot. I do use a 1.4x TC on the Sigma 300 f2.8 prime and the IQ is fine.

I have the Sigma 2X TC and it's great.
I used it with my 100-300 Sigma and now I have sold that lens, I use it with my Canon 70-200 F2.8 IS USM.

This was taken using the 2x on a 120-300.

GSH_4185.jpg

thanks everyone
SDK, that looks more than fine to me!

I think I'll go for it, I'll let you know!

I use the 1.4 on my 120-300 when photographing cricket mainly.... was put off the x2 from lots of people who tried it..

But looking at the above... wahay! :)

well the thing is that the difference between 300mm and 420mm doesn't justify the cost for me, compared to the difference between 300 and 600. I came across this article which, even though in japanese, it has lots of full resolution photos, from different cameras and with both TCs. It does look softer, but more than acceptable at f/8 and above with a 2x TC. I would just like to know from people who use teleconvertors how they find it.
I think I will eventually end up with both, but for now I think I'll go for the 2x.

Back