Sigma 150 macro 2.8

Edit My Images
Yes
I know there are quite a few people on here with this lens and it is capable of producing some excellent images with good colour and snappy focusing.

bee-in-flight-2.jpg

But I have a kind of love/hate relationship with mine. I was out with it today chasing bees and butterflies about as they were darting about the blackberry blossum,

butterfly-on-blossom.jpg

Sometimes the lens would struggle to get focus on the blossum againgst a green background from about 12" away, to the point were I thought the focus limiter was on. This happened quite a few times. This is the hate side of our relationship.

Then as I am moving around quitely I can sense something watching me, so I turn round, camera to my eye and catch this,

fox.jpg

Only an average photo, but it snapped into focus from about 30ft away, through about 7ft of grass, here is a closer look,

fox-detail.jpg

Don't get me wrong this is a superb lens, all these are with the Sigma 1.4 TC, but it does have its moments.
Anyone else have a similar experience with this lens or any other lenses.

Mick.

Have you tried doing a firmware update on the camera and lens... I say this as both me and a colleague have oly E500 bodies ... mine has the latest firmware his has the default firmware ,,, when he oputs his 70-300mm lens on it struggles to find focus and hunts for ages and is usually very poor at focusing .... put the lens on my camera body and its very quick ,,, so it may be a firmware issue!! just a thought

12 inches is just under the minimum distance for this lens to focus.

Back