Sigma 150mm f/2.8 APO EX DG Macro HSM

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone had/got knowledge of this lens.
I am thinking of purchasing one for use with my Nikon D 60, but would appreciate any comments from anyone who has used one.
Many thanks in advance.
Mike

Yep, had one loved it. Sold it only because I was wasting far too much time shooting macro when I should be working. Still miss it and come close to buying another on a monthly basis. Excellent IQ and a big smooth focus ring, it's just lovely (y)

I bought one last week, buy it, you won't regret it, it's fantastic, way better than the 105mm sigma I had before but still manageable handheld as it's not that much bigger despite being 45mm longer.

Havent had much chance to try it out yet as it keeps raining but I took this within an day of owning it, not up to the standard of some of the macro shots on here but it's way better than anything I ever managed before.

DSC_7611.jpg

Quite a few threads popping up about this lens. It's great, probably my favourite bit of glass I own. Couldn't rate the IQ highly enough. ;)

Great lens, I love mine.
It's a bit on the heavy side though, but who cares when it's as good as it is.

(y) Thanks to those who have managed to reply so quickly.
Seems like this one may be the one for me, the only thing I have to do is to find the right supplier.

Bought mine the other week from onestopdigital. Best price I could find ... £339.99 inc delivery and arrived in three days.

Not taken it out for a test yet ... Maybe this weekend ... :D

Bought mine the other week from onestopdigital. Best price I could find ... £339.99 inc delivery and arrived in three days.

Not taken it out for a test yet ... Maybe this weekend ... :D

Thanks Hypnotic

Just ordered one.

Hope the weather is good at the weekend.
Mike

i love this lens and i would consider it one of my fav's

Asked a similar question but could not make up my mind between the 150or the 105.
Great thread, decided to order the 150 today on what i have read.

Thanks All

So the question is...

Is the UK 3 year warranty worth £78 more buying this from Jessops rather than as a grey import from onestopdigital with (probably) no warranty (depending if you pay import duty/VAT)?

LookUp

I bought mine from someone like onestop for a £140 saving which I figured was enough to compensate for any risk of having to send it in for any work that would ordinarily be covered by a warranty (including calibration). If the difference had been just £78 for a 3 yr warranty I would have paid the extra for the UK sourced one:).

So the question is...

Is the UK 3 year warranty worth £78 more buying this from Jessops rather than as a grey import from onestopdigital with (probably) no warranty (depending if you pay import duty/VAT)?

LookUp

Ordered from Jessops as with the 5% discount is 77 quid more expensive than onestop but may be worth it for the 3 yr warrenty.

Just contacted Jessops who tell me that the Sigma lens only comes with a 1 year UK warranty so the import may be worth a punt!

Just taken the leap and purchased the Sigma 150 at "onestop" for £344.
Sometimes you have to take a gamble.
Will let you know how it all goes!

Despite the above link Jessops still state that Sigma only offer a 1 year UK warranty with lenses purchased from them!

Despite the above link Jessops still state that Sigma only offer a 1 year UK warranty with lenses purchased from them!

It's Sigma UK who are giving you year 2 and 3 warranty on EX lenses, I had comformation of this from Sigma UK, before I purchases a Sigma 120-300mm 2.8 from Jessops two months ago, I would not have bought the lens with out it having the 3 year warranty.

Nice purchase! Couldn't recommend the 150mm more really.

Here's a few from me with the same lens to assist in the wetting of ones whistle! (y)

Fly.jpg

AGenic1.jpg

DBFD4433.jpg

BlackHawkDown.jpg

Damsel0.jpg

Damsel2.jpg

Damsel3.jpg

Sigma’s EX-tra value now comes EX-tra guaranteed!

You’d expect the world’s number one independent lens designer and manufacturer to offer you something ‘EX-tra’, and that’s just what we’ve done - extending the traditional one year International Warranty of our world class ‘EX’ lenses by two years Free of charge, to provide Sigma UK customers with an unrivalled Three years of cover in the UK.

All you need to do to take advantage of this exclusive offer is fill in the extended warranty form on the right and click Submit.But don’t delay; this offer is available for a limited time period only!

Sigma UK Extended Warranty Terms and Conditions

It is essential to register for the extended uk warranty within 30 days of purchase.

1) This extended warranty is registered with Sigma Imaging (UK) Ltd, is not transferable and is only valid if obtained at the time of original purchase of Sigma EX lenses.This extended warranty applies only to items imported into the United Kingdom by Sigma Imaging (UK) Ltd and is only valid in the United Kingdom. It covers equipment becoming faulty as a result of manufacturing faults only.

2) Sigma Imaging (UK) Ltd 2 Year Extended Warranty becomes valid upon expiration of the 1 Year International Warranty for a total of 3 years service protection.This service is valid to the original purchaser of the EX product and is not transferable or assignable.

3) Once registered, the warranty is valid for a period of three years from the original date of purchase (1 year international warranty plus 2 year extended UK warranty).This warranty is limited to the repair, adjustment or replacement of defective parts at the discretion of Sigma Imaging (UK) Ltd’s service department in the United Kingdom.

4) The extended UK warranty becomes void in the following cases:
• If damage is caused during service performed by persons other than Sigma Imaging (UK) Ltd’s service department.
• If the product has had its serial number removed or altered.
• Any fault arising from accident or misuse.

5) This agreement applies only to Sigma EX lenses.

6) This warranty does not prejudice customers’ existing rights in Law but is offered as an additional benefit.

In the unlikely event of a fault occurring this product should be returned to:

Sigma Imaging (UK) Ltd, 13 Little Mundells,
Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL7 1EW.

It should be returned either through the retailer from whom it was purchased or by registered post. Please enclose your sales receipt, together with the service copy of the extended warranty and the sum of £5 to cover postage back to you.

This extended warranty is only valid on EX lenses sold before 31/12/2008.

Back