Sigma 150mm macro lens collar question

Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone tell or confirm for me if the original Sigma 150mm Macro has the same lens collar as the newer OS edition of the same lens?

I'm looking to pick up a kirk plate for it, but the original is old enough that most of the search/query results I get focus on the OS edition of the lens. So I wonder if anyone here has owned both and could confirm on the lens collar design.

Don't own an OS version but I have the old one and can take a pic of it/ take some measurements of it for comparison if that helps. Would have to do it when I get home this evening though as I'm out the door for work in two secs.

Last edited:
Think it’s different ,I had to get one for my older version one direct from sigma

Don't own an OS version but I have the old one and can take a pic of it/ take some measurements of it for comparison if that helps. Would have to do it when I get home this evening though as I'm out the door for work in two secs.
I'm in the same position in owning the old one not the newer. I might have to reach out to Kirk direct with this one then to see if they know.

There is nothing particularly special about the Kirk lens plate for the Sigma 150mm; the lens plate they recommend for it is just their universal KLP-310 plate.

Thanks SK66 - I just got the same reply from Kirk - either their KLP-260 or KLP-310 based on the foot length. I figure it will be the 310 as that's 3 inches long and will fit the foot better than the 2 inch version.

Thanks SK66 - I just got the same reply from Kirk - either their KLP-260 or KLP-310 based on the foot length. I figure it will be the 310 as that's 3 inches long and will fit the foot better than the 2 inch version.
The anti twist bars don't actually do all that great of a job IMO. I would recommend getting some rubber grip tape to put on the plate (like the CatTongue stuff) if you're planning on attaching a strap to it.

I'm guessing with the screw thread being able to move in one direction that does introduce a point of weakness that regular plates they made (specific to bodies/lens collars) don't have. So yeah I can see value in what you say in adding some grip tape to reduce any horizontal movement weakening the hold - thanks!

I'm guessing with the screw thread being able to move in one direction that does introduce a point of weakness that regular plates they made (specific to bodies/lens collars) don't have. So yeah I can see value in what you say in adding some grip tape to reduce any horizontal movement weakening the hold - thanks!
The real issue is that foot only accepts a single screw... I've actually added a second threaded hole to my Sigma 120-300 foot to alleviate the issue; it's dumb that they gave a lens that heavy only one attachment point.

Last edited:
Yeah true, sadly most camera tripods only have a single screw on their quick release plates. It does seem daft but I suspect its a problem when every firm wants their own designs on everything and there's no standard system. So everything defaults to the most simple of setups.

I've an older (before the OS) 120-300mm - good lens though it gets rather heavy on its own.

Back