Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5 DC Macro (Canon)

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
anyone have this lens and could tell me what they think of it?

I'd like to replace my 18-55 kit lens but can't really justify the expense of the Canon 17-40L.

Would this be a worthy replacement for the kit lens?
Thanks

I have had the sigma for a couple of months now and i am very happy with it. Decent zoom range and good build quality, fast focusing even without HSM and it is capable of soome damn good pics.(just wish I was) it is a big improvement over the kit lens and it is never off my camera now. Quite heavy though but i like that cos it balances well with the 20d.
I have a number of pics in my gallery that have been taken with this lens although i don't know how to show the exif data in the new style galleries!

stephenb said:
I have had the sigma for a couple of months now and i am very happy with it. Decent zoom range and good build quality, fast focusing even without HSM and it is capable of soome damn good pics.(just wish I was) it is a big improvement over the kit lens and it is never off my camera now. Quite heavy though but i like that cos it balances well with the 20d.
I have a number of pics in my gallery that have been taken with this lens although i don't know how to show the exif data in the new style galleries!

Thanks!

SammyC said:
Is it? What price are we talking for the Sigma?

Sigma is £240 from Park Cameras.

Back