Sigma 24-70 2.8

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to know if anyone is shooting with the above lens and if so what your opinion are of them.

I am, got one the other day. Fantastic lens, quite weighty, but worth it.
dsc_5566.JPG

Above taken tonight in quite dark conditions.

DSC_5254.JPG

Had mine since earlier this year and used it bucket-loads.

Some sample shots...

3029Tillyweb.jpg

Tabledetail8979.jpg

There are several others on here using them too - so you should get a reasonable amount of feedback on this one. I can say without hesitation that I'd be quite happy if I was making the same lens choices now I was making last winter, I'd buy the lens all over again!

I wouldn't be without mine..great lens(y) As has been said though it's a bit on the heavy side.

Are you sure thats to do with the lens:LOL:;)

i too have that lens,as already said is a bit heavy this is one i took with it
IMG_0877-Edit.jpg

hth sean

Same, its a big lens but the quality makes up for it (and it's still lighter than the Canon L). :)

tempted my self with this one rather than the canon one... seeing that it is half the price and a bit more!

Don't hold back - this lens is a real cracker. I only use 2 lenses now - this one & its big brother the 70-200 2.8. Stunning quality for the price.

You know I have it on my camera most of the time, the only problem I find is you have to be careful of flare with it, apart from that it's a great lens at the price.

:agree::agree:
I had a problem with the first lens being a bit soft, but the replacement is a cracker.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=434288#post434288

Its a great lens for the money.(y)

Spence

I have to agree that it is a very good lens for the price. But if you are going to buy one, make sure you give it a good testing when you get it. The copy I got was also very soft, due to front focus problems. When I rang Sigma, they said that they had not had a problem with the lens. A quick trawl through the net, proved the man at Sigma was telling porkies. It is a very common problem.
After re-calibration the lens is now working fine.

Im going to be buying one of these at the weekend, was torn between this and the 18-50 F2.8, this thread has just made my mind up!

Is there a simple way of finding if i have a duff one? from checking the specs, F5.6 seems to be where the lens is sharpest, so i assume it should be quite easy to tell?

If you are buying mail order, I'm afraid it will be the luck of the draw. If you are buying from a local dealer then you can ask to test it out on your camera.

howwould you test that?

Back