Sigma 500mm f4 sport.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been thinking about getting a 500mm f4 lens for sometime. I had my mind set on a used nikon f4 but have considered the Sigma f4 sport, these used have had a price tag hovering around the £4k mark retail but I have noticed this lens on Amazon has dropped £450 in the last few days to £4428 I think at that price I'd probably buy new. Has anyone used or owns a Sigma F4 500mm and your opinions please.

Paul, I have one which I use on a D500 & D850.

I am very happy with it, but I would always recommend getting it calibrated to the body as mine needed a fairly large adjustment.

I've never used a Nikon version so I cant tell you if its better or worse

If you have any specific question let me know and I will try and answer as best I can :)

If you have any specific question let me know and I will try and answer as best I can :)
Link
Thanks for the reply I would mainly use it on my 850, is it easy to calibrate and did you ever use it with a converter, I ask this as I have a Nikon X1.4 III converter

I still have it actually, still not used it since withdrawing the advert.

Thanks but for £4428 I can buy new with a warranty.

Paul, I have one which I use on a D500 & D850.

I am very happy with it, but I would always recommend getting it calibrated to the body as mine needed a fairly large adjustment.

Hi, Lens purchased but not had a chance to try it yet, Can I ask what method you used to calibrate the lens. I have looked via Youtube on calibration methods and not sure which one to go for. The lens will be used on a D850
Regards

Last edited:
Hi, Lens purchased but not had a chance to try it yet, Can I ask what method you used to calibrate the lens. I have looked via Youtube on calibration methods and not sure which one to go for. The lens will be used on a D850
Regards

Hi Paul, I actually took it to Cameracal and they quickly calibrated it for me

Hi Paul, I actually took it to Cameracal and they quickly calibrated it for me
I cannot recommend Cameracal enough.

Been there a number of times.

Looks like Cameracal use Focal Pro to do the calibration ... worth noting that many individuals also do that themselves for less by buying the software and having it available for various camera/lens combinations. :)

Looks like Cameracal use Focal Pro to do the calibration ... worth noting that many individuals also do that themselves for less by buying the software and having it available for various camera/lens combinations. :)

This is very true and it's very easy to use.

I have the software but living in a flat, I lack space to calibrate a 500mm.

Longest I can go is 200mm

Does this lens work on the Sigma Dock ?

Back