Sigma 70-300mm Lens query.

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
I've not long aquired my first DSLR and I'm very much a beginner.
I'm looking to purchase a cheap zoom lens (just to get me started) and I've identified the Sigma 70-300 f4-5.6 DG MACRO & the Sigma 70-300 f4-5.6 APO DG MACRO as a possible.
What is the difference between a DG lens & an APO DG lens? (Please excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject).

General consensus is that the APO is a far superior lens and well worth the little bit extra.

"In order to attain the highest quality images, the APO lens has been made using special low-dispersion (SLD) glass and is designed to minimize color aberration."

From Sigma, in other words, better glass, betwen them get the APO, it's the first zoom I bought, great lens for the pice :)

Thanks for answering so swiftly. Probably go for the APO one. Cheers :)

Yup, definitely go for the APO one IMO.

APO one is the best
Just got mine and luvvin it, hopefully get some decent weather over the weekend so i can play :D

Tell me about the bloody weather! I bought my camera on friday and I've not been able to venture outside with it yet. Saying that, I've taken plenty of indoor shots of my dog. But now when I reach for the camera he gives me that 'oh no! not again' look & legs it.:D

Tell me about the bloody weather! I bought my camera on friday and I've not been able to venture outside with it yet. Saying that, I've taken plenty of indoor shots of my dog. But now when I reach for the camera he gives me that 'oh no! not again' look & legs it.:D

Pets eh, havin the same problem with my cats, wife and son. Everyone runs away :shrug:
It is frustrating having a new toy and not being able to play :annoyed::sulk:

If you are looking at Sigma these are the lenses you should really go for. EX APO DG HSM
The EX is Sigma's top of the range lenses. The APO Is the quality of the glass.
The DG Refers to the fact that it was designed for digital. and HSM. is Sigma's answer
to canons USM. I hope this will help you in your decision.

Back