Sigma or Hoya UV

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys, which one of these would be the best UV protection filter for my Sigma 150 macro or is there not much difference between them
Sigma 72mm UV EX DG Filter £23
Or Hoya 72mm PRO1 Digital UV Filter £25.60
(internet prices)
Pete

Probably not much difference. The Hoya Pro1 Digital filters are pretty decent. We put them on all our lenses as standard.

Beware too-cheap internet prices though; filters are pretty easy to copy/fake and you really don't want to be putting a cheap filter on your lens. The going rate for a 72mm Pro1 Digital UV is about £40 from mainstream UK retailers - where have you seen it that cheap?

There is always the argument that any filter will degrade the image. I don't use UV filters.

Thanks guys the hoya was on sale on amazon but a seller not amazon itself did'nt think of fakes I will get one from a proper retailer
I use UV filters just for protecton as a lot of the time I'm shooting around ponds ect
Pete

My vote goes for a brand not on your list; B&W. They use MRC coating and brass mounts. You can get them cheap from ebay off a seller called HVStar. :)

I always use the Hoya Pro 1 D , find them very good, the slimmer profile is handy in that it prevents any vignetting on wide angle lenses - only use the UV when shooting near the sea though

simon

Back