sigma warranty

RKC

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi
how does the sigma warranty work with a lens?
with canon you contact them and send it off to authorised dealer, is it the same with sigma or is with who you purchased from

How long you had the lens for, is it under 12 months? If you go to Sigmas website they tell you all you need to know. You can send it straight back to them with a description of the problem and they will sort it out.

thanks dave similar to canon then

i hav'nt got a lens but i am considering one at the moment, and as it would be a ebay purchase i just wanted to know how warranty would work

thanks dave similar to canon then

i hav'nt got a lens but i am considering one at the moment, and as it would be a ebay purchase i just wanted to know how warranty would work

If it's new and coming from Ebay make sure it's either a genuine Sigma UK lens or, if it's coming from HK, that the UK duty has been paid, otherwise Sigma won't do any warranty work on it without being paid. In general Sigma warranties are only valid in the original country of sale, the "worldwide warranty" is only worldwide in that the same warranty applies in all markets, not that it is transferable between markets.

If it's a used lens and not from a recognised dealer, the warranty is not transferable.

If it's a used lens and not from a recognised dealer, the warranty is not transferable.

new boxed, will that count for warranty

check out thier website its all on there

I recently sent a lens to Sigma for a warranty repair. I got a letter telling me it was a grey import, something I didn't know and I had bought it from a reputable UK dealer. The good thing was that Sigma were still willing to honour the warranty as long as the retailer could provide them with documentation to prove that the lens had been imported legally. This was done on the same day.

hmmmmm grey imports thats interesting, hadnt thought of that, am i right in saying that canon lens are international warranties

and if i bought this lens of ebay how am i going to know it is not grey import ? other then asking the seller who will probally say it was'nt anyway :cautious:

hmmmmm grey imports thats interesting, hadnt thought of that, am i right in saying that canon lens are international warranties

and if i bought this lens of ebay how am i going to know it is not grey import ? other then asking the seller who will probally say it was'nt anyway :cautious:

If you can get the serial number then you can phone Sigma and they will tell you whether it's a grey import.

If you can get the serial number then you can phone Sigma and they will tell you whether it's a grey import.

ok marc thanks for info

Back