Silent Disco

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
I was down on the South Bank one evening last month and went into the tate to look at "The crack". I ended up seeing one of the most unusual things I've ever witnessed but not what I was expecting...A Silent Disco. I had my camera with me so I took a few shots and nobody seemed to mind. I think this one sums it up pretty well. C&C welcome as always...

001.jpg

A silent disco!!!! :thinking:

Were they are all listening & dancing to their own individual music via ear-phones, or dancing to the same sounds I wonder!

Just think, if it was individual sounds, no-one would know if you were moving in time to the beat or not! :LOL:

Bet it made for ace viewing!

One of the most bizarre things I've ever seen. They were all dancing to their own music on earphones so everyone was doing different moves. The only noise was the footsteps and the odd shout.

certainly seems very strange, but it has resulted in a lovely photo none the less of a couple who seem to be sharing a private joke (y)

My workmate went to one once. Sounds like fun! (if you like making a boobie out of yourself :LOL:)

I heard about this years ago in the early days of flash mobbing. The idea is that a group of people just appear out of nowhere and dance to their ipods. Then they leave. Its completely surreal. You want to know whats wierder? A 2 person one. Two people dancing to their ipods in a room while passers by watch. Its sorta hard to really capture the event with a photo because its already silent. But I think you did a good job on this with the headphones.

Cheers for the comments all. Pete, you're right about hard to capture. Wide angle shots just look like any other big group of people.

Here's a few more for those interested. Don't even ask about the 2nd last one...

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Pillow Fight Club looks like more fun though...

Imagine people turning up to a pre-arranged venue with a pillow hidden in a plastic bag, then at the set time - start a mass pillow brawl

That would make a good photo

Back