Silhouette

Resize these mages to 800 pixels on the longest side please!

Here we go...

2374664123_a68198cb98.jpg

2375643140_cd2de430a5.jpg

Well we do allow you 800 pixels.;)

Nice skies in both of these and nicely exposed for the silhouette effect. The thing which I think spoils a lot of silhouettes is having too much foreground totally blacked out with no shadow detail. Your first shot is just about perfect in this respect. The second shot is just pushing towards too much foreground for me although it's not bad, but I'd like to have seen a bit more room over the pinnacle of the tower. That's being picky though - they're both nice shots. (y)

I'll just break the links to your oversize shots. ;)

Thankyou for the comments CT...
I am using Flickr to upload, and unfortunately it only allows you either 500 or 1000+ pixel images. There's no inbetween :-(
I think these shots look much better bigger and have more impact with the larger version.

Oh well..!

I use flickr and I just upload my images at 800 pixels which is the max size image I can link to?

Just to make that clear - I resize to 800 pixels before uploading to flickr

LOL. I think so. I resize all my web pics to 800 pixels as it's a common size limit on lots of forums. It also limits the practical use of the images to naughty people out there who would just nick 'em. ;)

No probs. If you really want to post big images you can just leave the clickable links as they are now in your initial posts. It's just embedded images which we have the 800 pixel limit on.

Copyright does belong to the photographer, but that doesn't bother a lot of people out there one bit! ;) Just on this board you'll see nicked images are a regular occurrence for people and that's often despite copyright marks and watermarks on the images.

Usually they're just nicked for a web site somewhere, but at least they're not going to get much of a decent print off an 800 pixel image.

I see. Images I post on here are really for viewing pleasure only, with the exception that I have agreed to allow other forum members to copy the images for post-processing purposes and re-posting on this forum only. If anyone wanted the original image I would be more than willing to oblige, but I'd rather they asked first.

I see. Images I post on here are really for viewing pleasure only, with the exception that I have agreed to allow other forum members to copy the images for post-processing purposes and re-posting on this forum only. If anyone wanted the original image I would be more than willing to oblige, but I'd rather they asked first.

Stephen, CT's point is not that other users here will nick images, but the general members of the public browsing this and many other sites. Nothing you can do about it really, unless you start getting stupid with mega messy copyright watermarks...

Welcome to the forum!!

Gary.

Back on subject, I like the second shot, the bell tower? gives it a point of interest.

Back