Silver Canon's

R

RobbieW

Hi

Not sure if this should be here or out of focus, so please move if its wrong.

I was looking at another forum the other day, which I use to find new models, and one model had a comment about no silver slr owners. I spoke about this to a couple of people and we came to the conclusion that it was possiby cause its not the traditional colour of pro togs. Whats peoples thoughts? I know Nikon owners will ahve their own opinion cause its a canon.

Rob

Not entirely sure that I understand what your saying here, but, it mentions Silver SLRs...

I had a 300d in Silver and it looked like a toy, felt like a toy... But, here is the important bit, the pictures were great(for the money) Its a tool, the colour makes absolutely no differance to how well it is going to perform its task.

Think I get the gist of it, the model obviously thinks people with black SLRs are more professional, have more money and are more likely to take better photographs of him/her.

It's the same when I thumb a lift, I never get into silver Bentleys, only black ones :LOL::LOL:

Nikons also come in silver.

I think it's a dig at those who have slr's at the cheaper end of the market.

Or maybe she's allergic to anything that isn't gold????????

Think I get the gist of it, the model obviously thinks people with black SLRs are more professional, have more money and are more likely to take better photographs of him/her.

It's the same when I thumb a lift, I never get into silver Bentleys, only black ones :LOL::LOL:

Thats what I meant! by the way that was a fantastic bottle of wine last night

I have been a working pro for over 20 years now, 17 working for myself. And i used to use Nikon FA's for me it is the best camera Nikon ever made. But sadly over the working years each got broken and now cant be replaced. I had a Black FA, a Silver FA, and the gold FA and if i could find mint condition FA's i would buy all 3 again. The colour had no effect on how i used the camera's, a great camera is a great camera whatever the colour.

i know they are identical in function to the black ones, i just think black does look better! i dontr think its really a case of looking more 'pro' because cameras were silver as well, its just that on most of them the silver bits were proper metal not coated plastics

makes bugger all difference really, its just an aesthetic preference

I have a silver Canon 300D, I woudn't say the colour made a difference. Although black does look cooler.... (Can you get blue cameras?)

The model is referring to 'amateur' photographers who in the past would have been more likely to have a silver (cheaper end) camera like the 300D as opposed to the more serious phot with a big black 1D.

Ahh I was reading this thread thinking "models?" Then I realised you meant model as in fashion and posing models, not camera models.

Yeah it sounds like a subtle dig towards the amateur with the entry level SLR.

Infact I only know of the Jessops range of Canon 300/350D's that are silver....I dont know of any other 'Silver' SLRs?

Makes you wonder what a model would think if you turned up with one of these...

YellowDSLR.jpeg

Ahh I was reading this thread thinking "models?" Then I realised you meant model as in fashion and posing models, not camera models.

Yeah it sounds like a subtle dig towards the amateur with the entry level SLR.

Infact I only know of the Jessops range of Canon 300/350D's that are silver....I dont know of any other 'Silver' SLRs?

You could get the D50 in silver. :)

I spotted it on POTN ages ago and TBH i liked it, or, at least I liked the idea of customising a DSLR body and making it a bit special... At the time I thought that using one like that at celeb events where you will try anything to get the eye contact for a good shot would be a huge advantage.

Oooh its very, er, yellow :D

To me it kind of looks like what a waterproof Canon would look like.

How about a nice shiny pink one :D

For me, the colour or model of he camera really doesn make a difference. We all know that a 300d will kick out good images, just like most other cameras. Its all about the skill of the operator. Bit silly of the model to discriminate on camera colour imo.

Also, that yellow customized canon there looks uber cool :love:

Agree with Dreeder, that would definately get alot of attention.

I think you can get a silver Sony Alpha too.

Anyway the model sounds odd to me to think that a black 350D is okay but a silver one is not. Best stay away in case he or she takes offence at the label on your shirt and kills you rabbit.

Michael.

Having done a bit of model photography i think its another way of the model saying if you have a silver one you are another GWC [guy with camera]. However- if you have a black one you must be a pro!!!:shrug:

Most models have no problems with either amateurs or pros providing they feel comfortable with them.:love:

I must admit I feel a lot better using a black SLR rather than the older silver version that i used to have. In my mind it does portray a more professional approach....pity the pics disprove this!!!:help:

Go on Rob- tell me who the model was!!!

John

Back