Silverstone Classic 2021

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
Again, been a while since i posted anything up on the forum, but thought I'd jump back in with a few shots from a pretty soggy Silverstone Classic.

1) Six-Wheeler
LondonConcours2021-2 copy by Matty White, on Flickr

2) Damon in his title winning FW18
Silverstone Classic 2021 by Matty White, on Flickr

3) Dallara SP1 in the Masters Endurance Legends
Silverstone Classic 2021-2 by Matty White, on Flickr

4) Aston Martin DB3S racing into the twilight

5) Someone on the internet told me that angles were cool - Porsche 962

6) Pit-Lane Porsche
Silverstone Classic 2021-3 by Matty White, on Flickr

7) Top fuel drags....... I mean Historic Formula 2
LondonConcours2021 copy by Matty White, on Flickr

8) One non car shot in the mix depicting a glorious British summer
Silverstone Classic by Matty White, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

These are all superb but 1 is just perfection. Rare to see a wide motorsport shot that's still pretty close, the framing is spot on and of course it helps that the subject is very unique and very cool. I've never wanted press access so badly!

(I love 8 too)

Last edited:
These are all superb but 1 is just perfection. Rare to see a wide motorsport shot that's still pretty close, the framing is spot on and of course it helps that the subject is very unique and very cool. I've never wanted press access so badly!

(I love 8 too)
Thanks Chris, strangely it's a spot I wouldn't have chosen for the F1, but wanted to shoot the pit exit before the race so I stuck there, I think the more I looked around from there, the more options for angles presented themselves. It's a shame that Silverstone doesn't offer the spectator much from behind the fences in terms of shot variety, but I was happy to get this one. Appreciate your thoughts, as you know I was very impressed with your work from the Classic

Really nice set of images. This Classic Race will have to go to at sometime in the future.

Can I ask about image about, 7) Top fuel drags....... I mean Historic Formula 2, whas that achieved by hand holding and using a very slow shutter speed?

Really nice set of images. This Classic Race will have to go to at sometime in the future.

Can I ask about image about, 7) Top fuel drags....... I mean Historic Formula 2, whas that achieved by hand holding and using a very slow shutter speed?
Thanks, it's a great event and one I'd recommend to anyone with an interest in Classic Racing. Yes - 7) was f22, 0.3s, ISO50 at 30mm. Handheld and panned.

Perfect pictures! One better that the other one - congrats!

Nice set - always like to see the classics being used rather than sitting and dying in a static museum!

IMO, the person who gave you the advice for #5 was wrong!!! ;) :p

Wow, what a fantastic set of artistic motorsport images. Love the final driver in the rain image, and the Tyrell P34 is a peach, but they are all amazing.

Super set! Really nice variation of angles and techniques :cool:

Back