Simple editing program

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a Nikon D7200 and "do" little bits of video at running races with it. I'd like to be able to edit the video easily, add photos and titles. Suggestions for a program to do this please.

Can I transfer that to youtube in some way @JackBell ?
For YouTube, you exports the edit as MP4 and import it to your YouTube account.

I have not tried the latest version of WMM, but the older version was okay for video, but any pictures that I add to the show would lose the quality.

Last edited:
Agree, MP4 for YouTube. Nikon does MOV I believe, you can get free video converters to convert to MP4 or WMV before editing if you prefer.

If you want something a little more 'snazzy' with a variety of special effects, titles, etc then Wondershare Filmora is good value and easy to use. Have a look at their youtube page for some demo's. It also uploads to YouTube if you need to.

I've not tried it out yet but Shotcut looks good for a free piece of software. DaVinci Resolve is very good but not beginner friendly IMO.

Wondershare Filmora is a great, reasonably priced option and comes with lots of built in effects etc.

Davinci Resolve is more complicated to use but it's very powerful and completely free.

I use Filmora for quick, simple edits with nice transitions and title screens etc and Resolve for more indepth, complicated projects.

For YouTube, you exports the edit as MP4 and import it to your YouTube account.

I have not tried the latest version of WMM, but the older version was okay for video, but any pictures that I add to the show would lose the quality.

Agree, MP4 for YouTube. Nikon does MOV I believe, you can get free video converters to convert to MP4 or WMV before editing if you prefer.

.mp4 and .mov are both implementations of the same wrapper format. YouTube is wrapper format agnostic - you can use MP4, MOV, AVI, MKV, MXF...

Video quality is more dependant on the video and audio codecs that you use within the wrapper. Whatever you upload, YouTube seems to re-encode, which can lead to a significant drop in quality.

Back