simple sole needs help

Edit My Images
Yes
a somewhat furtive hello to everyone
I have just started researching "slr",s and I am rather keen on the canon 350
I have no idea why! but it seems to do everything an old simpleton like me needs But can somebody tell me what is a "rebel" and can I get a reasonable 2nd hand 350 without denting my pension too much.

Oh yes If I could afford a new one I recall "kersoe" being mentioned as a possible source Have I got it right?

my last camera was a point and shoot and wind on the film, so please bear with me.

Thanks in advance

treb

:welcome: treborite
Sorry can't help I am still trying to work out how to get the film
into my 400D :LOL:
But There are a lot of other knowledgeble people on here

I think Rebel is what they called the 350D, so they are one and the same.

Kerso is the chap, you can find him on here or ebay.

The rebel xt is the 350d in the states the rebel xti is the 400d. If you can't get a good one second hand I second the Kerso mention. But also before you buy head out to Jessops and get teh "feel" of the camera to make sure you make the right decision.

Just to add to that The Digital Rebel is what us over here call the 300D(discontinued now) Digital Rebel XT is our 350d,, and Rebel XTi is the 400d as previously stated.

Hello and welcome from another 350 owner, I would agree with what others have said, go to a shop and hold the cameras, the best way to help you decide. I have personally never had any problems with my camera since I got it (few months ago) and love getting out and about with it. :)

h.r.ford said:
But also before you buy head out to Jessops and get teh "feel" of the camera to make sure you make the right decision.

That's very good advice.
It's important that the camera feels comfortable and easy to operate.
I find the 350D, 400 Nikon D50 a bit on the small side and, to use a Scottish term, a bit footery.
However, many may prefer the smaller size.
Bottom line, as above, try before you buy. (y)

thanks to you all for the useful advice and your kind welcome

tomorrow I shall explore the wonderful world of jessup's

Cobra
never mind just keep taking the pills

Cobra

When I figure that out I still have to work out which format betamax or 126 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Cobra

When I figure that out I still have to work out which format betamax or 126 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :)

:welcome:.. we are not all totally mad

Hi and welcome :wave:

Hi and welcome,

Jessops in Glasgow had a special offer of a 350D, two lenses and a battery grip for £615. I don't know if this was a regional or national offer or just specific to this store. Good luck :wave:

thanks everyone for your kindness.

Why can't the world be like this thread?

any way, I have been round to jessups (as suggested) to try out the 350d
I found it a bit small and the "vdu" screen tiny. I am going round to another jessups to try the 400d which I understand has a larger "vdu"screen and the body is slightly larger.
They were very polite, knowlegable and helpful in jessups ( sad they have finance problems)

Sorry Cobra got carried away its an expression used within my family, sad I know.

I am checking on prices will keep you posted ( still got kerso in mind)

Hi, welcome. I've noticed a few 350d's go up for sale lately, probably due to the 400d coming out etc. Enjoy!

Sorry Cobra got carried away its an expression used within my family, sad I know.

No offence taken I knew what you meant ;)
Oh and my Dr said that I should anyway :LOL:

Hello :wave:

If you have the pennies go for the 400d, I've had the 350d for well over a year but the extras on the 400d would make it top of my list in this bracket.

Back