DSCF9385a_sm.jpg

DSCF9404a_sm.jpg

_DSC1210c_sm.jpg

_DSC1159a_sm.jpg

DSC_7851a_sm.jpg

DSCF1593b_sm.jpg

1st 4 shots with the fabulous makeup&hair skills of Inge

Rob.

well, all I can say is 'stunning'! Each of them have their own appeal. My favourite is of Elvire sitting on the box :)

The first made my knees go all wobbly..

You'd better go and lie down again Steve, you'll never get the almonds in! :LOL:

Absolute stunners trebs. :clap:

The lighting and the compostition of #5 makes it a clear winner for me, They are all stunning and my is your work getting better by the day..(y)

oh wow, particularly like the first one and the one with her sitting on the box.

The box one could be a cover to a music magazine - she looks like a rock star!

I like them all, with #5 being my favourite. It's very quirky, and the lighting is spot on. Her red hair is gorgeous!

Nice to see some of your work again Rob! (y)

I really love the 1st shot ... but personally I think Id have cloned you from the eye,
Its such a gorgeous shot but once I spotted your silhouette in her eye, I found it was all I kept looking at which is a shame as its such a striking image!

I like the warmth in her hair in the last shot, but I think my fave is #3, I dont know why but it has a sense of timeless calm & purity about it ... just lovely! (y)

1st one is stunning. Love #3 too. :clap:
I thought the last one was Gary Bagshawe upto his tricks again :bonk:

:clap:
again mate a great set there

" i must say that about a year ago you commented on one of my portraits. you said with alittle bit of effort they could be so much better. then gave a article about how to make a portable studio.
since then i have made a 18'x8' room for the job in hand now i need to learn how to take a picture like you"

just thought id say you are where i would like to be one day if possible...

everyone has someone they look upto ive just let you know your mine..

dave(y)

:clap:
again mate a great set there

" i must say that about a year ago you commented on one of my portraits. you said with alittle bit of effort they could be so much better. then gave a article about how to make a portable studio.
since then i have made a 18'x8' room for the job in hand now i need to learn how to take a picture like you"

just thought id say you are where i would like to be one day if possible...

everyone has someone they look upto ive just let you know your mine..

dave(y)

goodness me, Dave...
Very humbling words. :embarrassed:

I thank you for them.

h.r. I thought I'd replied to your comment earlier, I guess I didn't hit "post" , yes, you can see me and Inge (makeup artist) in her eye :) Noticeable for sure and probably should have edited us out, but these are free-work and for fun, so thought it fun to leave us in there :)

On a technical note. The first 2 are shot with daylight, the light coming from behind me, diffused through 2 blinds hanging in my living room window. The background is a white sheet hanging over some background supports.

2nd 2 shots are in studio. Just the painted wall as backdrop and a large parabolic flash for the light.

last 2 are shot in a theatre. As dark as a coalbunker in winter. Lit by on studio flash with barndoors fitted.

Respect.
Rob.

Wow! Love them all execpt No.2. There something about no. 2 that I don't like that I can't put my thumb on (I hate giving negative feedback without a reason but I just can't say why in this case).

Just LOVE no. 1. Real impact and 'wow' factor!

Back