Singled out tree. (4x5)

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Just wanted peoples thoughts on this particular shot. Is there anything you would change. etc? Thanks(y)

(I realize, I forgot to clone out some of the dust marks in the sky)

3258463736_63a7f170d7.jpg

I really like it, particularly the maize stubble up the field. I would as someone else said crop out the foreground stubble/grass, as it's a distraction.

Hi Mike :wave:

very nice mate, didn't know you were on here

Jack (y)

Good shot - I like the composition and light.

Not wanting to sound like a broken record, but I agree - it might look better with the bottom cropped off it.

Good shot - I like the composition and light.

Not wanting to sound like a broken record, but I agree - it might look better with the bottom cropped off it.

Thanks Raphdedge,

I really like it, particularly the maize stubble up the field. I would as someone else said crop out the foreground stubble/grass, as it's a distraction.

Thanks Dave, thats what I was undecided on. I thought I might have just gotten away with it but as everyone pointed it out I guess not.

I am surprised no one mentioned the colour of the snow. Shame it didnt come out clean white. With highlight detail. Must have slightly underexposed it.

I will possibly re-shoot today...

I agree with what others are saying about cropping out the grass at the bottom as it is distracting.

Obviously you can't do anything about it now but I think it would also be good with more grass in the foreground. The little bit it has now is not enough to be of interest.

Perhaps next time it snows!

EDIT: Just saw your last line "I will possibly re-shoot today... " Might be worth trying to find a viewpoint with some foreground detail too.

Steve.

Last edited:
I agree with what others are saying about cropping out the grass at the bottom as it is distracting.

Obviously you can't do anything about it now but I think it would also be good with more grass in the foreground. The little bit it has now is not enough to be of interest.

Perhaps next time it snows!

EDIT: Just saw your last line "I will possibly re-shoot today... " Might be worth trying to find a viewpoint with some foreground detail too.

Steve.

I managed to re-shoot so look out for a new post tomorrow. I took a variety of shots to see what works best.

I would love to get low to the ground and get some foreground in but unfortunately its someones land. i.e. private property.:(

Nice shot, it seems a little grey to me. i think it could do with a little contrast to add some Black and White.

Back