siskin..stacked converters.nikon D7000

Impressive sharpness and detail for stacked converters. Is that a deer it's perched on? ;)

The details and colours look good in the feathers, only thing for me is the twig in the background on the rhs, pulls your eye, might be worth a crop in from that side, just a suggestion

Fine shot, Mark - most impressed with the result you got.
Can these two TC's be stacked without any modification to them?

no mods mate..just but them on, and away to go..I used the kenko 1.4 on camera then 1.7 nikon on lens...won't go other way around ,because of the design of 1.7...mark

Thanks, Mark. I have 1.4 & 1.7 TC's (both Nikon) and read that they cannot physically be stacked.

A very sharp image especially with that set up, well done, its a bird on my to do list as well. Nice one (y)

Seems that any TC's advertised now will soon be snapped up :LOL:

Wish I hadn't sold my TC-14E ^ TC-20E II now :crying: if thats what can be had...

I think that's right - the TC14eII and TC17eII can both be stacked with the TC20eII though - but a small metal tab inside the converter has to be removed (filed off) - Thom Hogan explains here:

http://www.bythom.com/35qa.htm#q9

Geoff

Thanks, Geoff. A bridge too far perhaps.
Lenses + files = swarf !

Mark I read somewhere that you could not stack the Nikon 1.4 & 1.7TC only the 1.4 & 2 x.

Cracking shot with the set up (y)

wonder why???

Read it here LINKY, will have a look this week, having read the other posts properly it is down to the metal tab removal (which is covered in my link), and something I have done to my 1.4.

What order did you put them in ?

I suspect that your f stop would be f10, with just the 1.7TC it would be f6.7

Read it here LINKY, will have a look this week, having read the other posts properly it is down to the metal tab removal (which is covered in my link), and something I have done to my 1.4.

What order did you put them in ?

I suspect that your f stop would be f10, with just the 1.7TC it would be f6.7

yes i have removed the tab too...theres only one way they will go on 1.7 on lens
1.4 on camera...ISO was 1400 it says that it was f6.7 at 500mm...so seems to be missing one converter :thinking:...mark

yes i have removed the tab too...theres only one way they will go on 1.7 on lens
1.4 on camera...ISO was 1400 it says that it was f6.7 at 500mm...so seems to be missing one converter :thinking:...mark

Thanks Mark I may give that a try if the Sun ever comes out :D

Back