Sisters Group Portrait

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
I was asked to shoot a group portrait of my Nieces for their parents' 25th Anniversary.

My second play with the Interfit Home Studio and my first attempt at a group portrait.

I found it difficult trying to find an interesting composition with a group of 4 in my cramped living room. Tried shooting various compositions, (a diamond pattern, 2 groups of 2, etc) but 4 in a line seemed to work best.

Trying to get 4 sisters to agree on a final shot took a while, :bonk: - they seemed pleased with the print.

C & C welcome.

IMG_7783_small.jpg

I think this is a really nice shot, although I think it would have looked even better if all the girls had shoulder and arms showing.

Really well lit, i like it.

two small points, there seems to be a slight slope left to right which i find a bit distracting and the 1st and 3rd heads appear to be floating, which might have been the effect you were going for but i find it a little odd.

exposure, sharpness and the eyes are great though

I think this is a really nice shot, although I think it would have looked even better if all the girls had shoulder and arms showing.

It's a good shot but I agree with Trevor! I can see you have tried to alternate those showing shoulder/not showing and you've done well if space is limited!

Just for fun, ages from left to right I'm guessing

oldest 3,1,4,2?

From someone who is no authority to speak.. but with a beginners unbiased eye..

The lack of bodies does look strange.. girl number 3 could be doing with a little hair tidying.

Yes very nice -but points already made stand for me

It's a good shot but I agree with Trevor! I can see you have tried to alternate those showing shoulder/not showing and you've done well if space is limited!

Just for fun, ages from left to right I'm guessing

oldest 3,1,4,2?

The alternating shoulder (showing/not showing) is purely accidental; I find it hard enough to think about exposure, DOF, framing, keeping the subjects happy, and all the other stuff :help:.

I'm hoping portraiture is like learning to drive a car for the first time, after a while you concentrate more on the journey and less on the controls!

Order of birth from left to right: 2,4,1,3.

:agree:
tis a little dark
might have been easier if the girls all had arms or all had sleeves rather than a mixture

the arrangement looks good to me - good eye contact (y)

Haha, got the ages all wrong, never been good at that! :bang:

Its a lovely shot, but I have to echo the floating heads remark ;)

But it wont matter to them, they will love it (y)

Its a lovely shot, but I have to echo the floating heads remark ;)

But it wont matter to them, they will love it (y)

Might have a go at lifting the shadow detail to 'reattach' the heads :LOL:

Back