Skidaw from Catbells

Edit My Images
Yes
Another from the Lakes this spring bank.
What you can't tell from this shot is that 10 mins after I took this set (its a 3 shot panno) the wind was howling a hooley. I'm a BIG chap and I was being blown off my feet.

2542035409_c38dd51b66_o.jpg

I've got vague memories of Skidaw from visiting as a kid. Those grassy slopes look like what is in my dim memory :)

edit. forgot to mention it is a photographic memory, as i remember using a kodak instamatic to take pictures there.... and they came out really well. (in reality yours is much better :) )

Last edited:
Nice shot, gives a nice "feel" for the area...

I did the walk from the other side (started near Bassenthwaite Lake) last August & the conditions sound just the same, had to nearly crawl to the Trig point the wind was that strong on the summit !!

simon

Nicely done. :)
I'm off up to the lakes this weekend, you've inspired me to give my first panoramic ago, any tips?

Very nice indeed, did Catbells walk last Aug. Was this taken last Sun, we walked from Grasmere to Langdales via eskdale tarn, yes it was breezy, but otherwise a good day. :)

Thats a great shot, it gives a good view of a popular area, Derwent Water, Bassenthaite (the only actual lake in the Lakes) and Keswick. I love Skiddaw, and thats comming from a scotsman.

Last edited:
I'm off up to the lakes this weekend, you've inspired me to give my first panoramic ago, any tips?

1. Take your camera and spare everything (cards batteries etc) :p
2. If you've got them take ND grads
3. Make sure you overlap the shots by about a 1/3
4. CS3 does a very good job of glueing them together when you get home

Very nice indeed, did Catbells walk last Aug. Was this taken last Sun, we walked from Grasmere to Langdales via eskdale tarn, yes it was breezy, but otherwise a good day. :)

Thanks. It was Tues 27th May and boy was it windy, especially if you are 5 years old and < 4 stone wet through. Its one walk my youngest wont forget in a hurry

Bring waterproof's :LOL:

It's sunny now but has been bad for the past few days - hopefully should clear!

Back