Skimming stones on the beach...

Edit My Images
Yes
I never would have thought something without a battery would have caught my lads imagination (rich coming from his dad mucking about with the DSLR!!)

I thought I would leave in the sea in the background for sense of scale. Yes he did come home very wet...

joe-skimming.jpg

...then the batteries ran out and off he trudged...

JOE-TRUDGING-B_w.jpg

The second shot is terrific - fantastic mood and sense of scale with those giants in the background and the foreshortening of the beach with your son walking into it. Very good!

Yes, I think the second one is more powerful for me. The looming turbines in the background certainly do add a great sense of scale to the shot. Those wavves look huge!

No. 2 is excellent. There's quite a sense of scale for such a scene. The sea looks particularly unhappy!

#2 Is definatly the more powerfull shot.
Fab - well done!

Another vote for No2. :)

IMHO the first looks like a snapshot and the seconds like a photograph, if there is a differences :LOL:

IMHO the first looks like a snapshot and the seconds like a photograph, if there is a differences :LOL:

there certainly is! No.2 is fantastic! (Unless you posted no.1 to draw attention to how fantastic No.2 is!!) ;)

I think you are right. Looking back at the day I spent a lot longer working on the second shot and the first was just a happy snap.

I think #2 is a very worthy shot. Those windmills and the lighthouse add a sense of scale and drama that would otherwise be missing - great! (y)

Much better with batteries run down. Number two for me as well. Very powerful

#2 is a cracker - did you get any more with the waves and turbines? Even without the boy, it makes a very atmospheric shot - if I'd taken that I'd sell it.

#2 is a cracker - did you get any more with the waves and turbines? Even without the boy, it makes a very atmospheric shot - if I'd taken that I'd sell it.

Cheers for that. I got a few which I will upload later when I get a chance. I got a big print done at Photobox and it does look quite nifty on paper.

From the 5th of Nov all the turbines are going to be lit up for some festival for a month, so i am hoping to get some good colour shots of them.

EDIT...
This is the only other one I managed to get and I am not sure about it against the number two. I had to crop it this way to remove No 1 son who was chasing the dog - not very atmospheric. I think the waves are a bit blown.

Turbines-B_W.jpg

Hmmm... not as dramatic as the first one - the way the waves are crashing down with spume blowing off in the wind makes the shot. This one looks a bit tame by comparison...

Whereabouts is it?

Hmmm... not as dramatic as the first one - the way the waves are crashing down with spume blowing off in the wind makes the shot. This one looks a bit tame by comparison...

Whereabouts is it?

Its Blyth, Northumberland.

Back