Skippool Creek

Edit My Images
Yes
More or less straight out of the camera this one, processed from RAW using Canon DPP v3.2.

Photoshop was only used to remove dust and to convert to JPG.

TFL.
C&C welcome.

the wooden landing stage leads the eye nicely and has some nice texture. However the grass looks a little dirty and unappealing. maybe this would make a nice B&W conversion if you could get the contrast between the grass and the wood. that might focus the attention on the positive aspects of texture and composition. Sorry if i sound negative, hope this helps, ben:)

I really like the composition as ben g says the landing stage is really nicely positioned in the frame but overall it just lacks a bit of punch! And the horizon is a tad off the level!

Never sure what to suggest though in terms of processing! There are far better advisors than me on here!

I had a little go with levels and saturation to come up with this:

untitled-1.jpg

I'm sure others can improve on it though

I personally would like a mono converstion and I would crop off the closest thinner bit of the jetty... it is too long in my opinion.

A sepia version? Sorry about the pixelated sky... but I like this in sepia as it has an old fashioned look about the content.

jetty.jpg

However the grass looks a little dirty and unappealing.

That's because it is :D
it's a tidal estuary so the greenery regularly gets covered in mud which de-saturates the colours.

Janice - I like the crop better, i'll have a go at a mono conversion tonight.

Thanks for your comments peeps.

Tony

Back