Skomer Island when?

RKC

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
When is the best time to visit the island or is it good all year round.

I am seriously considering a trip in the next 3 weeks and probably red kites

Puffins are all but gone now, some still left (saw them Monday) best time is late April through to early July, chicks appear late May but best time early/mid June

Around the middle of june is probably best for puffins, thats when I went and there were loads there then.

Puffins are all but gone now, some still left (saw them Monday) best time is late April through to early July, chicks appear late May but best time early/mid June

Around the middle of june is probably best for puffins, thats when I went and there were loads there then.

Thank you Drew and Wayne no puffins did not realise that will have to think about going next year then

We went at the end June and had a great time, more Puffins than you can shake a stick at.

I think they may have all gone now, so probably best to plan a visit for next year.

If you google "skomer time line" you should find a PDF document that show when the various species are around on the island.

If you google "skomer time line" you should find a PDF document that show when the various species are around on the island.

Cheers Nigel (y) next year then :(:)

Back