Sky Q Repair needed.

Name
Lennard
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, has anyone got contact details for SKY repairs

Searched there website and Syy Q box for No. and can`t find a No. that does not go around in circles!!!

They don`t make it easy.

Thanks

I gave up with Sky. They make it next to impossible to contact them.

In the end I stopped paying the bill - that brought them running fast enough . . .

I think you have to state you want to cancel sky, and it’ll put you through to someone.

I am surprised it should be difficult. A few weeks ago during a sudden local thunderstorm our Virgin V6+ box and the TV were rendered inoperative. I telephoned Virgin the same day and a new V6+ box was delivered before 10am the next day. It took a little longer to buy a TV and claim from the insurance company.

Dave

I am surprised it should be difficult. A few weeks ago during a sudden local thunderstorm our Virgin V6+ box and the TV were rendered inoperative. I telephoned Virgin the same day and a new V6+ box was delivered before 10am the next day. It took a little longer to buy a TV and claim from the insurance company.

Dave
Remarkable!
When my virgin broadband broke down it took them 19 days to fix it.
I am no longer a virgin customer.

Remarkable!
When my virgin broadband broke down it took them 19 days to fix it.
I am no longer a virgin customer.

I first signed up for Sky in 1998. I switched to VM in 2014, purely because they offered me a very good deal. Their customer service is awful. The amount of times my broadband went down because they were "doing maintenance" was absurd, especially on days I was working from home. At one point, they offered me compensation for loss of service, the princely sum of £2.75. I told them to shove it and went back to Sky last year, haven't had any down time since. I can't recall any serious down time in the previous 16 years with Sky either.

Brian, of course it would depend on the reason for the breakdown. My broadband went down for over a week once but an unrelated contractor had dug up the FO cables in a main road and caused enormous damage. Virgin did give all customers affected a reduction. In the circumstances there was little else they could do; I am sure they would have claimed from the contractor.
Who are you with now, While I am happy with the virgin service (very reliable), the package (BB, Tel and TV) is fairly expensive but none of the alternatives look attractive.

Dave

Brian, of course it would depend on the reason for the breakdown. My broadband went down for over a week once but an unrelated contractor had dug up the FO cables in a main road and caused enormous damage. Virgin did give all customers affected a reduction. In the circumstances there was little else they could do; I am sure they would have claimed from the contractor.
Who are you with now, While I am happy with the virgin service (very reliable), the package (BB, Tel and TV) is fairly expensive but none of the alternatives look attractive.

Dave
My virgin BB service broke down three times in as many months, never for less than three days, the final time it took them 19 days to fix it..
Despite complaining several times I just kept getting told "We're working on it" and I continued to have a service that was slower than dial-up.
When it was finally working, I had to tell them that I was not expecting to be charged for the period of non-service, which they agreed to.
Virgin media have absolutely no concept of "Customer Service"
One thing that annoyed me was that one minute I could get a connection speed in excess of 55mbps, but if I checked it a few minutes later it could be down to about 15mbps.
At least my BT connection is consistently 36mbps and in three years it hasn't suffered any drop outs (that I've noticed). I can live stream HD TV which is what I'm mostly interested in.

I gave up with Sky. They make it next to impossible to contact them.

In the end I stopped paying the bill - that brought them running fast enough . . .
Never had a problem since being on Sky Q , Had both Mini and main boxes changed within a couple of days due to issues.

When I was with BT my BB data rate went down to 1 K b/s which they claimed met their contractual requirements which is one of the main reasons I moved to Virgin. I get a solid 105Mb/s now. It seems to me that some have had good and bad experience with all the main suppliers.

Dave

When I was with BT my BB data rate went down to 1 K b/s which they claimed met their contractual requirements which is one of the main reasons I moved to Virgin. I get a solid 105Mb/s now. It seems to me that some have had good and bad experience with all the main suppliers.

Dave
Where has the OP mentioned BB??

My Virgin Media BB has been faultless for 18 years

has anyone got contact details for SKY repairs

My sky just started playing up and I got through on 0333 759 1263

Really helpful lady and all sorted, even got offered a good deal for skyQ

My sky just started playing up and I got through on 0333 759 1263

Really helpful lady and all sorted, even got offered a good deal for skyQ
I used SKY Chat Live via their website when I wanted to discuss my failing HD+ box. I was also offered (&signed up for) a very good deal for SKY Q .............

Back