Skye, Harris and Lewis

Name
Alastair
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's a few from me from the week. I'll update this thread as and when I process my images.

In no particular order:

Last edited:
Great shots. Very moody and I love that Highland cow - great lighting and a fantastic background. Nice silhouette that still has some color in the background - which can be difficult to do. Looks like a nice end to the day. I love the barren look of the Highlands.

Some lovely shots in there - hard to pick a favourite as I like them all!

#1 I love, is it the Quirang (spelling?) on Skye?
A classic view

#6 of the Highland cow would be a top seller in my opinion, it has everything... a 'picture with a heartbeat'

It's a great mono conversion, but I'll bet the colour version would sell like hot cookies.

Great series (y)

#1 and #7 are my preferences, but they are all very good.
Glad you enjoyed your trip and got some decent conditions (y)

I realy like No3 and the Highland cow truly is a classic. It has everything, the hills, the clouds, the grass and the wind in his coat. I don't think you could better that as a shot of a highland cow.

I have to say though I just love No9. Rather sums up a trip with these guys. :)

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments! :) It would be pretty difficult to not come home with some great shots as everywhere we went was just stunning. First couple of days were a bit miserable with the weather but it soon picked up and we couldn't have asked for better. Amazing sunsets and sunrises although the sun didn't actually set for the entire week.

#1 I love, is it the Quirang (spelling?) on Skye?

Yep, that was the Quirang.

#6 of the Highland cow would be a top seller in my opinion, it has everything... a 'picture with a heartbeat'

It's a great mono conversion, but I'll bet the colour version would sell like hot cookies.

I'll stick a colour version up!

Thanks again for the positive comments!

Yes cracking set, very hard to pick a favorite out of that lot.

Here's the colour coo! I've a few other highland coo images as this location was just a field full of coos. Will upload some baby highland coo images in a bit. Prepare for ultimate cuteness!

dsc509820090628110017.jpg

That colour shot of the cow is 100% flawless. Top shot, the others are great too. Thanks for coming dude :D

Gary.

Few more coos and then I'm done :)

Lastly, baby highland coo having a bit of a squeeze :)

dsc512520090628113857.jpg

Awesome pics.

Fantastic shots all round. Hard to provide any crit as I can't find fault with 'em!

I honestly love them all. What an absolutely cracking set, very well done :clap:

Thanks everyone for the comments :) I have a warm feeling inside me now, and it's not the bacon butty I just wolfed down!

Cracking set, but No 6 is outstanding.

thanks, thought it was - just checking :)

everyone's posting shots of highlands + islands this week......can't wait for our two weeks up there this autumn :D :D

drew

Brilliant shots , love them all and the place (y)

hope to get back up there this year soon

cheers

TT

Hi Welly
Just catching up on the trip shots.
Lovely set.
You sure like your cows - when's the next shrink visit ?

Anyway BW cow is tip-top √
... and shot one is my second fav.

Great set and looks like you will all remember this trip for the rest of your life. Number 6 is my pick of the bunch.

Back