Skye High (photos added)

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
No
Untitled-1-2.jpg

A panoramic view from near the summit of Sgurr Dearg taking in (from left to right) Sgurr Mhic Choinnich, Sgurr Thearlaich, Sgurr Alasdair, Sgurr Sgumain and Sron na Ciche then out to sea to the isle of Rum. A fantastic evening with Robert Stevens but the good light only lasted for literally minutes if not seconds before everything went a bit drab. View attachment 113068

_DSC1606.jpg

Graham Wyllie high on the Dubh Slabs with Lochs Coruisk and Scavaig far below and Elgol on the peninsular close to his head.

123.jpg

Bla Bheinn on the right and Clach Glas, centre taken at sunrise from the summit of Sgurr nan Gillean.

For anyone interested in Skye and the Cuillin, I have set up a Facebook group called All Things Cuillin which has lots of inspirational photos and useful info for anyone planning a trip. Please take a look and, even better, contribute photos etc.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/165143940728168/

Thanks, Scott and Rich. Thought some views from high up might be a bit different to the more usual Elgol and Sligachan shots. The gabbros is grippy but now it's pretty slippery. Was up on the ridge on Saturday going from Bidean to Bruach na Frithe and it was as slippery as I have ever known it even on the gabbro. Let's not even mention the basalt. Will sort out some more high photos.

Looking towards the southern end of the Cuillin Ridge from Sgurr nan Eag. Perfect photo conditions and ideal for doing the whole Cuillin Ridge in a day which is what we did._DSC2149.jpg

Breathtaking images Adrian, particularly the second, which really does give a sense of the scale and exposure here. I can see the new batteries are being put to good use!

They certainly are, Craig. Never used so many batteries since I moved to Skye. We are probably going to stay at the JCMS Hut at Loch Coruisk for a few days in November so will be totally off grid so that's what the batteries were mainly for. We stayed there for a week in April and I almost ran out of batteries so was determined to have a few more next time. Aren't you coming up to Skye soon?

Thanks, Tobers. Much appreciated comments. I did enter the last photo in Trail's Mountain PTOY last year but it wasn't a finalist although one other of mine got through. In case you hadn't realised, I have moved up to Skye since buying the lens from you. Best move I have ever made and absolutely loving it. Drop in if you are ever up this way.

Spectacular views, it looks like you had good weather up there. I'm very jealous.

Thanks, Foxbat. I now live on Skye and we have had some dire weather for the last couple of months but being on the spot does mean we can shoot out when weather/conditions are good.

Back