Skye Shots

5 amazing shots here, all 5 are great. I will pic number 2 as my favourite. mainly becuase it is different and think it probably took a lot more to compose than the others. The other 4 are 'classic' shots, but 2 stands out to me. (y)

Nice shots, No4 needs horizon straightening though

These are all fantastic. Loving the composition of 5, excellent.

Gary.

Excellent photographs. I like No 1 best. I'm off to Skye for the day on Saturday, the forecast is for rain :(

All superb shots!

-H

Thanks all. Nice to know at least some of my snaps are working - appreciated√

Beautiful shots! Love the wideangles (y) In the first one I'd darkened the sky, that is a little overexposed. Only a small critique, so ;)
Hi Andrea
Thanks for comments.
Thought that too.
Did process it a little darker but thought it looked too good to be real, if you know what I mean.
May try a slightly subtler try when the mood moves me.

Excellent photographs. I like No 1 best. I'm off to Skye for the day on Saturday, the forecast is for rain :(
Yes Glenn I heard it rains up there, but didn't see any evidence of it when I was there - take a brolly :LOL:

Last edited:
Definitely a wow set,originally went for No2 but then 5 caught my eye,then 4....
give up...lol

Keith

#2 and #5 for me, the composition is better with them.

#4 has a lot of potential, I love the mist in the glen, but would be tempted to crop it to a panoramic format, losing a little at the bottom and quite a bit at the top, then straighten the horizon and burn in a bit more detail on the sky.

Overall a very good set :clap:

I like em all, apart from number #5 where I just can't see why you chose to process in this way, or what you thought it might add to the image. Seems a shame as #5 looks like it might have been my winner otherwise. Still, I am sure others will disagree and love it.

Like them all, looks like an awesome place; hope to go sometime soon. If I were pressed, I might suggest that 1 and 3 might look even better without the obligatory foreground 'interest'? Difficult to tell without seeing, but might work. Were you mid-climb for 4?

Cheers all
Appreciate the comments (y)

Like them all, looks like an awesome place; hope to go sometime soon. If I were pressed, I might suggest that 1 and 3 might look even better without the obligatory foreground 'interest'? Difficult to tell without seeing, but might work. Were you mid-climb for 4?

Did think about losing the FG in 3, so might try it out.
In No 4 it does look as if I was out climbing, but the truth is... I used a long lens. There goes my street cred:puke:

Back