Skyport Speed and Hasselblad 500cm

Name
Sam
Edit My Images
Yes
At the end of last year, I picked up some Skport Speed transmitters and receivers, and everything works brilliantly on my D700.

Then recently I got myself a 500cm with an 80mm planar f2.8 T* lens. Every time I try to connect my Skyport transmitter to the PC port on the lens of the hassy, it automatically puts the transmitter into Speed mode. There's no way of putting it on standard. But when I change the receivers to be on Speed mode too, the flashes they are connected to won't fire when I press the shutter. Nor will they fire when I press the test button on the transmitter while it's hooked up to the camera. However they will fire on Speed mode when not connected to the lens and there is no cable in the transmitter.

Any ideas about if I'm just doing something stupid or if this is a known problem? I might have to downgrade my Skyports to try and get this to work. FYI I'm using all the correct cables (I think!) No searches have brought anything relevant up either.

Thanks in advance.

Oh and also, does anyone know where I can get a winder crank for the 500cm for less than £80 in the UK? And anywhere around surrey that I might be able to get a service on it? On every roll I've shot so far, the 3rd,4th and 5th frames have overlapped, causing the last frames to not be where they should so I need that looked at too.

I use an original skyport transmitter and speed receivers with my RZ67 and have an issue where anything slower than 1/8 shutter speed results in 2x flashes, regardless of whether they're connection by cord or put on the hot shoe. Strange....but at least they work from 1/8 to 1/400 :)

I really don't get the "speed" skyports. My original states max sync speed as 1/1000...the "speeds" are no improvement at all?

Just a thought - Does the problem happen with the lens set on both X and M synchronisation?

On every roll I've shot so far, the 3rd,4th and 5th frames have overlapped, causing the last frames to not be where they should so I need that looked at too.

The film back needs to be serviced. Frame spacing problems is a common issue with these backs after a period of lots of use. It is really a sweet deal to have more than one back. The ability to shoot different films at the same time is something that will spoil you real fast.

I use Paul Buff's CyberSync transmitter on my 500C/M and it works just fine.

Back