Slate Quarry Building etc

cannockwolf

<span class="poty">POTY (Joint) 2016</span>
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
After I was disappointed to find the water splash at the Cumbrian rally was a water trickle we decided to go out into the welsh countryside, and my dad took me round some of he old photo hunting grounds, here's a few :)

Wales_5085_HDR.jpg

Wales_5039.jpg

Wales_5002_Edit_Edit.jpg

Wales_4976_HDR2.jpg

Wales_4906.jpg

Wales_4889.jpg

Very nice set indeed, think no3 is a cracker

Normally don't want to place individual comments when someone posts this number of images but all are of such a high standard that it would be a great shame not to make an effort.

#1 has great textural lighting which you have captured beautifully.
#2 & 3 are great compositions from fairly ordinary scenes which become greater than the sum of their parts.
#4 Classic tree shot, executed well. (y)
#5 &6 are similar to 2 & 3 but have that added difficulty of exposing well for bright whites. The choice of foreground in each makes them work.
:clap:

great set, what have you done with number 3 the centre third? I like it im just nosey
thanks
cas

Really like these. Lots of drama and depth. Skilful

All the shots are well done (y) I think the first one is my favourite because it's the most original, with a wonderful light :clap: The last one keeps my breath away because this is a large and beautiful landscape with nice colors and a great deepness.

back from my hols now, to read these lovely comments, thanks!

great set, what have you done with number 3 the centre third? I like it im just nosey
thanks
cas

nothing mate thats how it looks apart from exposure balance an a bit of cloning, its what drew me to the picture tbh

Last edited:
missed this.

#3 and 4 standout. The light on the edge of the tree in 4 is terrific and 3 has almost a 3 dimensional feel.

excellent.

Back